Scheduled TAH A little over 2 weeks away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little over 2 weeks away A little over 2 weeks away

Unread 02-05-2012, 08:46 PM
A little over 2 weeks away

Well off to the castle on February 21. It's a little over 2 weeks away and I'm an emotional mess but trying to keep my head clear, stay busy etc. My sweet husband brought me a cake today to celebrate my last period. It was such a sweet thing that made me laugh and who doesn't like chocolate cake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
A little over 2 weeks away

Your emotional reaction is very normal. This is a TOUGH surgery to deal with. Our uterus is such an intimate part of us, and having it taken away is very difficult. You are not alone, and we really understand what you are going through.

How sweet of your DH to get you a for your last period. What a great idea!

Good luck to you with your upcoming surgery.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Re: February 21 ladies?

My TPH is 17th Feb. I have been very emotional up to now, mainly due to fear of what I will be like after surgery, how I will manage etc - I am a fierecly independent woman
Thankfully I have a wonderful boyfriend and family and will not be lacking in support both practically and emotionally.

At this stage I just can't wait to open my eyes after surgery and to hear that it is all over.

I have found this site to be excellent and I have followed the tips with regard to preparation. Unfortunately I also tend to hone in on any stories about complications and imagine me having everyone's complications - but that is human nature I guess.

Best wishes to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Re: A little over 2 weeks away

I am 3 days post-op from a TAH, and I wanted to let you know that it DOES get better! I was so worried before, and the waiting was the worst. Turns out that the surgery -and the recovery so far - is tons easier than I'd expected. I received a ton of strength and love from my husband, family and friends, and I let them do most of my worrying. I concentrated on doing the next thing. Sending big hugs and good luck!
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Re: A little over 2 weeks away

Thank you each and every one for posting a reply. Your words of encouragement and understanding mean so very much. I have a wonderful husband and 2 close friends who have been amazing as well but my family and I are in the midst of a struggle right now. They have offered to help with my children who are 16 & 8 but that's about it. I try to remind myself daily that the help they have offered is enough. It helps ease the pain of the messiness. Kallinda I'm happy to hear we are so close in dates! Please let me know how it all goes and know I'll be praying for you on your surgery date and after! Lots of hugs to my hystersisters !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register