New here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:28 AM
New here

Hello ladies,
I am new here and have found all of your information helpful and comforting know others have or are dealing with same things. I have a few questions... I am scheduled to see the surgoen no March 2nd so hopefully I will get my hyst scheduled soon after. (the waiting is killing me) ok so I have delt with ovarian cyst continuly for the last 6 yrs had an ablation done 5 yrs ago which helped greatly with the heavy bleeding. I now have fybroids and endometrial mass that is new since July I forgot to mention have
ing bad paps for the last 20 plus yrs and several treatments for cells on my cervics. my question is in the last month or so I have been feeling a pressure in my upper stomache almost like when your pregnant and the pressure from the baby. I dont know any other way to discribe it then that... have any of you experienced this and if so what was it from? so for the long post. Thanks so much for any insight you might have for me.
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Re: New here

Your story is exactly like mine..up until the pressure in the supper stomache..I did not experience that. I had the DaVinci surgery 1 year ago. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself! On post day 3 I was taking my 80 lb dog for short walks outside. I felt normal at the end of the week but followed doctors instructions and took it slow and easy in the beginning. At two weeks I was back walking good distances and feeling great. I had no pain (drugs are good for the first 48 to 72 hours and then I didn't take any more. Quality of life is so much better and no complications long term! Good luck and enjoy feeling better soon.
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:26 AM

Did you have a total hyst.? I have read great things about the Davinci just wondering if they can remover everything that way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 08:52 AM

kept my ovaries (tossed and turned on that one) but they could have done it with no problem - i was 49 at the time of surgery and finally decided to keep them because 1) i have no family cancer history 2) ovarian caner risk is low across the board vs benefit of keeping ovaries until they wear out naturally seemed better choice for me personally

Recovery compared to my friends who have gone other non da vinci routes was remakable and I don't think it was so much 'me' as it was the method and my surgeon. I talked to several doctors who performed da vinci surgery...I asked how many they had performed - I didn't want to be their first . I did call DaVinci training and found out that doctors have to perform 200 surgeries to get certified...so I guess even if the surgeron has performed 10 'live' surgeries the number is really 210...
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:59 AM

The pressure you are feeling may be bowel related. I have that too bc the pelvic muscles get irritated by my dysfunctional, enemy uterus, and eventually it lead to my becoming dependent on 4 daily medications or I won't have a BM for nearly 2 weeks. My doc believes that after the hyster and a little PT the problem will resolve. It's a sub sect of PfD called pelvic congestion syndrome.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:06 AM

LLW17, I had my davinci hysterectomy due to "one" large fibroid that was the equivalence of a 4 mth pregnancy. Because these fibroids grow inside the uterus just like a fetus does, I felt like I was pregnant, As a matter of fact I even told my hubby I might as well well wear maternity tops because I felt pregnant. So, maybe that is the pressure you are feeling. Do you know how large the fibroid/s are?
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Thanks ladies for all the insight... Scorp1159 at last check one was 3cm and the mass is between 2-3 cm cyst on both ovaries are between 1.5 cm and 3 cm. that makes sence that all of those could be the reason behind the pressure I figured thats was what was causing my lower pelvic pain/pressure too. JWaltersRN I dont have issues moving my bowels for the most part but I have read that some woman experience bowel issues due to everything growing around them. thanks ladies it helps to talk to woman that can relate to this mess.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM

LLW17, another thing is that these uterine fibroids will also cause pressure on your pelvis and bladder. Before my hyster I had to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes and some days every 15 minutes. Now, I go every few hrs. Ahhhh, so much better now! You have ovarian cysts AND fibroids you would be feeling all kinds of pressure and discomfort. You will be a new woman after your hyster! God Bless!
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I am looking so forward to having my life backand notbeing controled by this anymore. I have heard and read so many different time frames that woman have been off work. I work in education with a very physical and some times violent group of children so I am worried about going back to soon and being shoved or hit in the stomache. Thanks again sisters for you love and support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register