9 days left | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:06 AM
9 days left

so there are 9 days left until my surgery. currently I'm at work but feel in pretty anxious. ok really anxious. I had to schedule my surgery 5weeks after my diagnosis (that c ame a few weeks before Christmas) due to my work needing a months notice. so ya...super stressed n sooooooo anxious. trying to prepare things but just so preoccupied with the big day. has anyone depended on any medication the week before? I'm feel in a big need to cry right now but stuck @ work for another 9 hrs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Re: 9 days left

Hi Laura,

I was so excited for my surgery I couldn't sit still, BUT there have been many on this site who have felt as you do and many who have requested anti-anxiety medicine to help them get by until surgery.

You are certainly not alone in the 'preoccupied' category either. I was, too. I was on here every day, many times a day, the weeks before my surgery and especially afterward. It's normal.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM

and of course I have to provide care to my very sick pt.s today even though I'd rather have a big pity party for myself instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:37 AM

thanks For your support McLila.
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM

I am having the same feelings as well. My surgery is on the 16th and I am not sure what to expect. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow. Just here to let you know you are not ALONE....
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:58 PM

No your not alone! My surgery is scheduled Feb 16th like Purple39, and my pre op is Wednesday the 8th. I also have to work and train someone to fill in my spot while I am gone. There is so much help on here, but my mind is running crazy about what I need to do to make sure everything is in order at my home for me to be down for two weeks. Finally decided some of its just gonna have to wait until I can take care of it after I heal. I am so tired of the pain and the periods!!! In 6 weeks I am on my third period, hurting, pain shooting down my legs, but just got thru with kitchen duties, and washing clothes and have to work tomorrow. Bring it on, I am ready to get this over with!!!
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:54 AM

thanks for your support ladies!! I was really feeling awful that morning. a little better today. I received a call from the scheduler yesterday. I have to be at the hospital at 5am on Feb. 15. I am really pleased that I will be the first case. I'm thinking of taking a taxi to the hospital. on my surgery date. not sure yet. yesterday was my day off and I stocked up on all the household stuff like t.p., soap,maxi pads ...bought new pillows,undies. I even bought a new garbage can to puke in if I need to. lol. I'm actually in a lot of pain right now as I got another period on Feb. 6th. but am celebrating it because it should be my last period ever!!!!! I even told my sons"this is the last period I will ever have!" "eeeeeeewwwww
yuk mom!!!" going for prep work fri. counting down the days still. I am grateful for this website and all the support within. we are strong, we're woman!!!!!
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:09 AM

I am a month out and wondered if it was weird that I am excited about getting this taken care of. My periods have become so cumbersome and life consuming that I can't wait to never have another one. I feel a bit like I am getting a new lease on life. I am so happy I found this forum and realize I am not the only one who has these feelings. I am anxious about waiting a month and of course scared.
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:45 AM

hlaoroo, you are not weird to be excited! I was on pins and needles waiting to get my life back - I think euphoric would be an appropriate descriptor. I still am! Every time I leave the house for an adventure - no matter how big or small - I rejoice that I'm not paranoid if I'm leaking or not.

Hallelujah!
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:21 AM

I know exactly how you feel! I'm having surgery on Feb. 17.I'm also having the DaVinci done. I just got off the phone with the pre-op nurse so the whole thing is becoming much more real now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register