Advice on meds/hrt weight gain/loss | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Advice on meds/hrt weight gain/loss Advice on meds/hrt weight gain/loss

Unread 02-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Advice on meds/hrt weight gain/loss

Hi ladies!
I need some advice here. I had a full hysterectomy da Vinci on 1/16/12 because I was diagnosed with brac2 gene. My stress level is way up never cry, ever now I cry for no reason. When that happens I more upset because I don't like to cry. My temper also flares up quickly. The hot flashes are terrible I'm always cold now I'm a walking clothes on clothes off clothes on clothes off. I did sleep well before now I'm up til 4 am. I am getting a double mysectomy and then reconstruction in the next couple months. After my release from this I will schedule so I am still going through a lot more my nerves are shot.

So here's my question I went to 2 week check up and he gave me Effexor 75 mg and I am totally against meds barely took my pain meds used the ibuprofen. However I am such a wreck I agreed. I did a little research before but not much started the pills 2 days ago but after reading the forums and online I'm very scared! I cannot afford to gain weight. I lost some before surgery but going from one to the other is going up be difficult and I already still have weight to lose. I also cannot live on the roller coaster. I can get HRT because I'm doing the mysectomy so I wanted to see if anyone has advice, I know we are all different, that did not cause weight gain and helped you become sane again... Lol

I am so happy I found this site! My mom passed away at 59 from uterine cancer and my fathers sister died of breast cancer at 35, I'm 36 is why I'm doing all of this. It's all by choice which makes it extremely emotional as well.

Thank you so much for any and all advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Re: Advice on meds/hrt weight gain/loss

Hi kntgathers!

I took Effexor a few years ago, for a period of around 8 months, and it didn't cause me to gain weight. I have never understood why some people claim that a pill can have that power, since it doesn't contain any calories. But I know from experience that on-line forums contain posts that say just about anything!

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

s,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register