Anyone with GAD before Surgical Menapause? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with GAD before Surgical Menapause? Anyone with GAD before Surgical Menapause?

Unread 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Anyone with GAD before Surgical Menapause?

I have my appointment on Friday with my doctor. At that time, I will be scheduling my TAH 0varies Tubes gone. Anyway, I am 45 and I have been diagnoised with Generalized Anxiety Disorder since my twenties. What will happen when I go into surgical memapause? I am worried about so many things! I plan on discusing HRT, but what will happen with my anxiety? I basically have been on Zoloft forever. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Re: Anyone with GAD before Surgical Menapause?

Yes. They had to unexpectedly remove my remaining ovary during my TAH. Even though they placed a .05 mg estrogen patch on me the next day, I experienced a lot of anxiety the first week. When I told my doctor about the anxiety at my one week post-op check, she upped the patch to .1 mg estradiol. That seemed to do the trick. I wish I had known to discuss my GAD before the surgery with her. It never occurred to me that surgical menopause would set it off but it did. I was on Zoloft for 5 years (had good results with it) but have been off of it for 4 years now without many GAD issues. Thankfully, I had some Xanax at home to get me through the first week. Major surgery like this (even without losing your ovaries) can also set off some anxiety. I would talk to your doctor about this before the surgery so if you need any additional medications your doctor will be prepared. Good luck. I'm over 4 weeks out and am doing well with the anxiety.
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:22 PM

I had anxity after mt surgery, didnt realize it, thought I was having a heart attack. Everyone is so different, and hormones play a huge role in this my problem was I was put on alow dose to long after my surgery that set off a lot of issues, I upped my est, and started celexa whicn has helped me get through this and klonipin due to the chronic insomina, I think getting you hormone right is a big key in how you feel after
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM

im 27 and have dealt with GAD and PD since I was 13. I wasn't warned by my dr that it could get worse after my surgery. i'm 6 months post op and have been having Panic and Anxiety non stop since my surgery. Then again, I believe this is a hormone related issue, which I will address with him today. I have always found it interesting that when I was on Lupron, had no hormones, I didnt have anxiety or panic. But when I was on birth control pills, I was freaking out all the time. When I wasnt on anything, I was in between. Its crazy to think that maybe hormone imbalances throughout my life might have contributed to my GAD!
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM

Me too. Birth control made me freak out. I didnt think I had anxity but sure have had my share of stress. Doct seem to think slapping estrogen fixes everything and it doesnt. Nothing replaces our own. I can say its getti.g better but I truly need to make peace with this estrogen or decide to go through menapause. Celxa has helped with the attacks I just hope when they take me off the benzos I will sleep lol always here if needed

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register