Night Sweats (updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night Sweats (updated) Night Sweats (updated)

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Night Sweats (updated)

Anybody having drenching night sweats? I kept both my ovaries and I've had night sweats before, always close to my period but I thought they would have gone away with the TLH. I go through 3 pyjamas a night. Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Re: Night Sweats

I did too! My ovary (I kept one) finally "woke up" and the night sweats are pretty much gone! Give it time; hopefully yours will disappear, as well.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:23 PM

I'm having excessive sweating through day as well as night, nightmare trying to keep up with washing etc. I hope it disappears for us like missie xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 11:59 PM

I awoke before (note the time of this post) from night sweats.) Also kept an ovary.. This and insomnia seem to be the new me..
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:18 AM

It's 7am here and i been twiddling my thumbs and sweating since midnight, don't like it. X
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:22 AM

Crawls into a ball...Sweating as I type... 3 days post op and insomnia is worse then it has ever been. Also has one ovary.
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:36 AM

Night sweats suck!! In 2007 I had uterine artery embolization for fibroids and for weeks I suffered with night sweats....pure torture . Eventually my ovaries "woke up" and things got better. Hope you all find relief soon...hugs!
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:31 AM

Phew! Thanks, Everyone! I'm looking forward to drier nights. I will discuss this tomorrow with my doctor but I don't want any kind of pills for this for sure. Will let you know what he says. Have a great day! xo!
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:33 AM

Please do zee x
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:44 PM

So I had my first checkup at the 4wk mark and did ask my doctor about the night sweats and all he told me was to wait for while still. I guess, like other sisters have said, that my ovaries will eventually "wake up". I definitely don't want pills but I wish I had more news to offer to my sister sweaters. On another note, incisions are healing nicely and I don't expect to see any significant scaring. It should be the end of my period for this month (if I had one) so I expect the sweating to be less. I'll monitor and report. But meantime, take it easy ladies! Even if you're feeling better, don't push too much because swelly belly and fatigue rear their unpleasant heads! Much love to all and thanks for your support and advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register