Post op help with 4 kids! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op help with 4 kids! Post op help with 4 kids!

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Post op help with 4 kids!

I'm wondering what would be the reccomend time to have some Major help in the house. My C sections we not a huge deal recovering, but my laporotomy was like 8 weeks before I felt a semblance of normal, so I expect this will be more like that. i have 12 month old twin girls, a 4 yearl old girl, and 8 year old boy. I have lots of help the first 2 weeks, but once we get to week 3 it's not looking good. Suggestions? I do not do well with pain...

Jodi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Re: Post op help with 4 kids!

Everyone heals differently however the general rule of thumb is 6-8 weeks. At 3 weeks you may feel well enough to.do little things but the restrictions you need to follow will be diificult without help. There is no lifting, bending pushing pulling until you at least 6 weeks. This will make it.difficult with little ones. Is there anyone that can come over for a few hours a day and help with nap times and lunch at the very least? This would help you out a great deal. Another recommendation is to clear the bottom.shelf of the frig and use that for all the kids drinks and snacks. This way they (or at least the two oldest) can get what is needed and they think its fun cuz they get to help mommy.

Good luck
Tracy
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:10 AM

I'm in the same boat. My husband is military and after 2 weeks, I'll be alone with the kids. He only gets to live here a couple days a week.
I've started looking into getting someone to come in a few days a week to do housework. I'm mostly concerned with laundry, dishes and the garbage. There's no way I'll be able to get the dumpster to the curb on trash day!
I'm also already scouring websites for recipes that I can make now to freeze. I'm sure at 2 weeks, I'll be able to handle turning the oven on and throwing in a casserole.
I helped care for my mother-in-law after her surgery and she wasn't able to do much for about 6 weeks. I know everyone is different but I'm using that as my gauge for minimum help time frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM

my husband is also military. I have him taking the second week post op off, my mom and sister in law are here for the first.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register