Saying goodbye to my uterus ~ is there a list of do's and dont's? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Saying goodbye to my uterus ~ is there a list of do's and dont's? Saying goodbye to my uterus ~ is there a list of do's and dont's?

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Saying goodbye to my uterus ~ is there a list of do's and dont's?

Hi All.. I am having a full hysterectomy on 13th Feb. I have a uterine prolapse which is so far down that I am 'giving birth' to it ha ha
I am really nervous and dont know what to expect, what do I need to take into hospital with me..apart from the basics.
Is there a list of the do's and dont's for after surgery?
There are so many old wives tales that I dont know what to believe so I am asking those who are in the same situation as me now.

And to top it all.....I am a needlephobic!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Re: Saying goodbye to my uterus on 13th Feb

i go on Feb 13th as well> dont you just love the old wives tales. I have a neighbour (who 99% of the time is wonderful) but she is 80 and had her hysterectomy when she was 40. and OMG every day she has a new tale about what i should watch out for because it happened to her. I tried pointing out that there have been several advances in medical technology since she had hers done. And I really dont want to discuss my sex life with her> she keeps saying do it lots now because you are never going to want to have sex again!
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Hi Hazel I also will have my surgery on the 13th . I am very needlephobic also Im stressing about the blood draw tomorrow at my pre-op appointment. Its crazy to be 42 and afraid of neddles LOL. Dont get me started on the IV!!! Trying to keep busy cleaning like crazy gonna have the cleanest house on the block So far it looks like the three of us on the 13th let all keep intouch compare our stories well off to clean some more
Take care when is your pre-op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 11:21 AM

Hi Girls...its good to know I am not the only one having this op on such an unlucky date too.
I have had my pre-op but as the docs/hospital know I am highly needlephobic they have agreed to do the bloods on the day of the op after they put me under with the gas first. I will just be asleep for an extra 30 minutes while they check the bloodwork. I had all the other pre-op checks done last week.
I am fed up with all the things I am being told but feel that if I keep asking the doc I am just going to be pestering and they will get fed up with me.
Stupid question I know but are you taking in mobile phones/ds's etc...for the hospital stay.
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:43 AM

i have been filling my lap top with movies. and my blackberry is a must (i am addicted to the crackberry lol) I borrowed the hunger games book off my son as well.

i have 1 appointment left before the date (actually 2 they are just back to back) i have to meet with the nurse on Thursday to get the bowel prep and recovery instructions and then i meet with the anesthesiologist
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM

I dont know if I should take my Blackberry in with me...who will be looking after it while I am in surgery? I would hate for it to be stolen but I want to be able to keep in touch with people via BBM and Facebook etc.
How long will you be in hospital after your OP. I will be in between 3 and 5 days.
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:59 AM

i am leaving all my stuff with my husband and then he will bring it to me. i was told 1-3 days. but i would prefer the 1. i cant sleep in hospitals- i hate them. i would rather be at home.
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:56 PM

I'm taking my iPhone with me can't live without. Hubby will hang on to it till I'm done with surgery. I'm having tvh and only in one night!
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM

I would rather be in and out in one day but not possible.....its 3 to 5 days minimum.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Why so long hazel?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register