Scheduled TAH Thank you all... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank you all... Thank you all...

Unread 02-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you all...

Thank you to all who have shared, are sharing, and will share in the future. My TAH-BSO is scheduled for next month, and I feel so much better after having discovered HysterSisters.
I find that when I'm faced with a serious medical diagnosis or major procedure such as this, it gives me comfort to read up on it and educate myself as much as possible... learn all that I can about it... because it helps me be less afraid. It may not all be good news, but the unknown is a lot more scary than the known; if I know and expect the not-so-good things, it's a lot easier to face them, accept them, and deal with them. Knowledge is a source of strength. I've been on my hospital's website and several other websites, but out of everything, YOUR stories are an invaluable resource to people like me. I can get facts and statistics and cold procedural instructions from the hospital sites, but they lack the personal insights, wisdom, tips, humor, sympathy, care, support, and concern that the HysterSisters provide. That human touch is priceless.
I am grateful that I was lucky enough to be able to schedule my TAH-BSO three months in advance, because if I had been told I needed it on an emergency rush basis, as some of you have, I would not have had so much time to read, prepare, and educate myself. I'm now armed with a whole bunch of tips, lists, ideas, knowledge, and comfort to get me through the coming months, which will no doubt aid in reaching a speedier recovery.
Thank you to everyone, and I wish you all the best luck in the world on your journeys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Re: Thank you all...

I am so glad you have found support. This is a wonderful site - I too have found much healing here after my TAH BSO. I would have gone insane without this site - we all help each other out with a very difficult situation.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Re: Thank you all...

I had a TAH BSO also, and although I tried to steer clear of the Post-op. forum before I had the op., i got heaps of help from the Pre-op. forum beforehand - and then afterwards have been so glad of the Post-op. one - just for reassurance and information.
This site is fantastic!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register