Losing cervix makes sex not natural? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Losing cervix makes sex not natural? Losing cervix makes sex not natural?

Unread 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Losing cervix makes sex not natural?

I was told my doctor may wanna leave my cervix because he said with me being so young it could make sex feel not natural any more, is this true has anyone had their cervix removed and had issues with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Re: Losing cervix makes sex not natural?

i dont know if its true or not, My Dr is going to try and keep mine. but i have now been thinking that i want her to take my cervix as well. it has been something i have wondered as well. but i have read that there really isnt much of a difference.
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:51 PM

I had my complete uterus removed at the age of 25. Sex is as natural all these years later as it was prior to my hysterectomy.

There are mixed study results as to whether or not the cervix is an important part of sexual pleasure. Some say yes, some say no. This can be a very controversial topic in the medical field and here on the site.

I would suggest a second opinion to determine what is best for you. In my case, keeping the cervix wasn't even a option as it was affected by the endometriosis. Having had and now not having a cervix, I can tell you from both sides that I don't miss it a bit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM

I no longer have a cervix and sex is just fine without it. In fact, better than ever - without constant bleeding and pelvic pain my husband and I are having more fun than ever. Orgasms feel different, but still good.

And what does age have to do with it?! Women of all ages enjoy sex. That doctor needs a swift kick in the - you know what.

Keeping or removing your cervix is a decision to make based on your personal diagnosis, family history and preference. Some women who keep their cervix still experience mini periods - something you might want to consider.

I had a history of abnormal paps and decided I didn't want to take the risk of cervical cancer in the future.

Best wishes!
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Thank you, this doctor was my second opinion. My first doctor said there was absolutely nothing wrong and that I had heavy periods with severe cramping and big blood clots for no reason at all. He also denied my allergy to Progesterone( even my own bodies). This new doctor sent me to an allergist and did tests that revealed cysts on both ovaries, fibroids on my uterus and he sent me to an allergist who proved my allergy to progesterone was significant and they made me a case study. My doctor want to leave the uterus because of the above and he said it helps hold your bladder and things up where they are supposed to be. He said it may have to be removed upon looking at it to see if that is the contributing to my dyspareunia. My surgery is scheduled for the 29th of this month and I'm having a LSH,BSO, and if they need to take the cervix it will become LAVh with BSO.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM

I had 2 drs blatently tell me that if sex changes afterward its not because of the hyst its nothing wrong with you its the relationship. I was also told that since they aren't taking away my clitoris than sex will be the same. I do not know how truly valid this is since I'm only 8 days post op. But I'm optimistic about it being just as good.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:17 PM

I had a dVh/BSO 10/20/11. My sex life is even better than before the hyster. I quizzed my hub about it this morning at about 2:30am-I had woken him up for sex. I'm telling you this because I want you to know that sex is awesome now!! I asked if he thought I felt different. He said nope. It's different for me in the good way-he used to bump my cervix and it hurt. As far as bladder suspension, the cervix is very small so structurally, its loss is minor. As you'll see in other posts, this is a hot topic. The choice is yours and by doing all this reasesrch, you'll make the right one for you. Good luck and take care : )

One other thing: the comment your DR made about sex without a cervix being not natural, I found that insulting. Are all us without a cervix freaks now? I think not!!!
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:00 PM

the cervix bumping is horrible. Although its an ego boost to my husband lol
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM

TeaLady, you are too funny and so right : ) Men, bless their hearts.....
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:18 PM

ok, you sound like the sisters I should throw my question out to

surgery 12/1 removed uterus and cervix. fistula repair 1/5. I'm seeing my doc next week and am expecting her to say sex is ok but I am SOOOOO scared. I love my husband, we have been married almost 36 years and he is very patient but just the idea scares me to tears. If the doc says 'not yet' it will be fine but at some point I'm going to have to deal with this

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register