Losing cervix makes sex not natural? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Losing cervix makes sex not natural? Losing cervix makes sex not natural?

Unread 02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Re: Losing cervix makes sex not natural?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaLady2011 View Post
Hoo Hoo Dilly - lmao thats a good one
Make me LOL too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM

Thank you all so much. I'm feeling much better and think maybe the cervix should come out since I did have dysplasia at one point. Yes, Google has officially scared the absolute crap out of me in preparing me, though my DR doesn't really tell me too much. He is always hurried, but the only one around me who will do anything for all my pain and issues. It's nice to be able to talk to people who have went through this.
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharona19 View Post
It's funny to me, all the uproar about HRT. Your body makes the hormones for you use so it makes perfect sense to "replace" them if the manufacturer "shuts" down. I must be in opposite world because my hair is now glorious and I look 10 years younger. I'm sure I look younger because the pain is gone from my face. I don't worry about stroke etc. as I do not smoke or have any other risk factors. A plus to me also is that my DR and I can exactly tweak my hormones so I get optimal results. You want to talk vain? I want to make sure my hormones are there so I can continue to have a great sex life.....
AMEN and me too! I look better than I did prior to HRT.

Jeep54, I would just say go slowly. Why not do external stimulation first so you can get the first orgasm "out of the way"? I kind of freaked out with our first try at intercourse and hubby was very understanding. We waited another week and tried again. The orgasms are quite amazing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM

I had my cervix and uterus removed. I have a history of cervical dysplasia, so no choice. I can tell you that it feels better with the cervix gone. It hurt when DH bumped it. I thought the vaginal cuff would hurt but it doesn't. DH says it feels exactly the same for him. The orgasms post op aren't nearly as good as they used to be though :-( without the uterus contracting they are short and sometimes downright disappointing. I think if you a history of dysplasia you should seriously consider removing it.
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM

I had my hysterectomy on 1/3 and I had my cervix & uterus removed. I went to my doctor on the 30th and since then I have had intercourse with my husband and it's amazing!!!!! The cervix being gone has not altered anything and I agree that it makes things much better. Things are different on a case by case basis but the majority of women on here that have dealt with the same thing has been pleasantly surprising and you will make the right decision for you. Good Luck & God Bless!!!
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Remember that cheer from high school; "We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit, how 'bout you?!?" All day long, I've been changing the word "spirit" to "cervix". I'm a weird, little monkey good luck getting this song out of your head!
Unread 02-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Thank you all so very much. I can not even begin to express how much this information has helped and settled my nerves some. I'm so glad I found this site and can talk with people who know what I'm going through
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:36 AM

Sharona - I think you may have put that little monkey cheer into my head. Ack!

Of course, in two weeks, I won't be able to say that one with any truth, since I am having mine taken out. I had two LEEPs like 18 years ago and it's been stable since then, but both of my docs agreed that it was best for it to go. I am hoping it will make sex more comfortable.
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:39 PM

I'm only a week out from surgery, had my cervix removed and I'm so grateful to see this thread...obviously sex ain't high on the agenda for a few weeks but I can't stop thinking about it...guess I'll just have to wait and see...
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the laughs and info. 3 weeks out and comforted by the funny words and encouragement!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register