Assembly Line Pre-Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Assembly Line Pre-Op Assembly Line Pre-Op

Unread 01-02-2002, 08:19 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

I was put up on the belt and sent first to the nurse at the dr's office. Informed you'll only be seeing me today by the nurse, and I need to go over some things with you. So in auctioner style she goes over aftercare instructions and 2 secs and a deep breath later.... any questions?(sure what did I just bid on?) I give my first one, she nods and nods and nods as I say the words, cuts me off and speaks to me like I am a 3yr old to answer the question that she has yet to hear all of. Try another q, this time cutoff but now she's using condesending tones and doing a LOT of "fakeiamsmarterthanyousolistentomesmile" as she answers. Any more questions? Well, why bother. Sent back on the conveyor belt. Next stop is grump face, info info info, sign here and here and here and here and HERE. (think its the same school of auction as the nurse except her major was how to X signature areas and intial) Ok, you need to go here and here ..but go there first. Huh? :confuse: Where is there and there anyway? Well do you know where the that is? No. *big aggrivated busy person sigh* Walk me and and say the same thing except point a lot. Go it now? :hair: Nod, sure. Walk the halls a bit, find a "there", no you need to go THERE first.
Finally find THERE, and asked 1001 questions in auctioner style. We'll call you the day before surgery and let you know the time. WHAT?! I won't know till then
So leave and go back to there. Have a seat, pop snap, wipe wipe, poke flow flow flow, hold this, wrap, here go pee in this. Umm where? :annoyed look: THERE. Done and holding cup and looking for an appropriate spot to put my urine, like there ever is so say... Here. Finally looks up at me. just sit it down. Stand. A minute later looks up, we're done. Oh...sorry, ok.
Back home.
I guess I should have informed them I am about to become a princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Oh, Charity you are such a hoot! You have me rolling with laughter again! My Lord! They sure marched you right through didn't they? Sorry this happened. Medical professionals can be so unprofessional sometimes, can't they? I absolutely hate it when they say they'll call the day before the surgery to tell you the time! OMG! I hope you got their number! Call them and tell them you need to know in order to make plans. UGH! It's the height of rudeness, I'm tellin' ya'.

Well, maybe a will help!

Sherry
Unread 01-02-2002, 08:53 PM
OH NO NOT THAT!!!!

Charity I was also and you are a riot. I had such a nice day for my pre-op the nurses were so friendly and it was the Friday before my surgery on Monday so I didn't have long to wait. I hope you put on that piteful puppydog face!! I would call and say hey I need this to make my arrangements. They will schedule you sooner then that anyway so they will know sooner. God Bless and hope it is better next time you see them. my are going up for you and here is my little I must do for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2002, 10:39 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

I'm glad you were able to add a little humor into an .awful experience. Nothing like making you feel more at ease about your surgery with all their heartfelt caring!!
If you have never seen the older movie called "The Doctor" with William Hurt you may want to check it out. They should show it at all medical training!! I hope your nurses in the hospital are caring people!
Unread 01-03-2002, 05:37 AM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

That William Hurt movie is the best.

I've thought of wearing a crown, but I think you're all right a sense of humor is really the best cure for the medical bureaucrats
Unread 01-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Hi Charity, So sorry your pre op experience went the way it did. All I can suggest is for you to write a letter to the hospital administrator and tell them how your pre op visit went. The other thing you can do, if the hospital sends you a survey on your visit to the castle, is be trueful how you felt about the way you were treated. The hospital that I work at sends us reports quarterly regarding patient satisfaction ratings, so someone does look at them.
Wishing you the best in surgery and recovery.
Jan
Unread 01-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Hi Charity,

My goodness you have such a good nature to have dealt with the pre-op appointment as it went!

When I read your post, I HAD to call my dr's office and CONFIRM that I would be PHYSICALLY talking with the dr at my appointment on the 8th! I was told YES indeed I would be able to talk with the dr, have my million quesitons answered

I have a ton of questions for her (the dr that is)! I only learned last month that I NEED to have a hyster. I'm scared, nervous, anxious, etc. As I'm sure many others on this board have been pre-op

At times I've even thought to cancel the whole thing! But I know that I cannot live in pain as I have been for years now.

God's blesing to you!

Laurie
(aka) treasureheart
Unread 01-03-2002, 12:11 PM
Laughter is the best medicine

I once heard that laughter is life's shock absorber. I believe that.
When the anesthesiologist tries to give me the "this will relax you stuff", I am gonna say no thanks, but I'd LOVE a good joke.
I was told I jshould post about my other plan by my chat friends, so here is what else I am doing. I am taping a note on my tummy with bandage tape for the surgery team to find. It will read sumpin like "Enter At Your Own Risk or Beware of Uterus, it BITES"
I figger, it'll help start the operation off on the right leg, laughter can change everyone's mood.
I'll let you guys know how that went.

Unread 01-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

OH Charity
You have such a sence of humor, you will be fine through all this. With an attitude like yours, that is so wonderful.
I especially thought your idea for the surgery staff was great.
Take care I will be for you on Tuesday.
Unread 01-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Charity....YOU GO GIRL!! I am a LIW also and I have been scared to pieces to have my hyster. Your sense of humor is priceless!!! I know it brightened my outlook.You left me in stitches! ( i'm just glad i read this before i had my tummy in REAL stitches !!!)
are being sent up for you that all will go well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register