Assembly Line Pre-Op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Assembly Line Pre-Op Assembly Line Pre-Op

Unread 01-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Charity,

I usually hang around in the Post Op Forum, so I will be looking for you there in a few days.

By the way, are you sure you are in Tenn? You just described my hospital here in South Florida!! The rest of my hospital stay was wonderful -- great nurses, even some passable food. I hope you got the worst staff behind you like I did. I never did report "The Dragon Lady" (disguised in a white costume and nurses cap) to the administrator, but I was tempted. Maybe she moved to Tenn recently.

See you on the "other side" as a Princess! Be sure to check in and spread your humor in Post Op. We can use it!

Best wishes. I'll be thinking of you on the 7th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Hiya Charity,

I remember talking to you in the chat room before christmas...I hope all goes well for your surgery!!

My dr told me to be sure to remind him that I wanted to keep my cervix....so I took a permanent marker and wrote "Do NOT remove Cervix" on my belly....the whole OR cracked up.

I was awake for my surgery, so we had lots of laughs. It really helped to keep me relaxed.

See you on the other side! We'll be polishing your crown for you,

s

Karyn
(aka l00akrbear)
Unread 01-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Charity. TOOOOOO funny. You're going to have to be careful when you get on the post op board...laughing hurts like heck

We're going to need to warn everyone to grab tummy pillow before reading your posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 05:35 PM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

Charity!

Thank you for the laugh! You are right; ya gotta make the best of a serious and scary situation and/or serious and scary people sometimes! I choose humor, too!

Dot is right, though - you must place a disclaimer on your posts for the healing princesses :"warning: may contain chuckles not conducive to freshly-punctured princesses' mid-sections; do not read this without tummy pillow at close range".

Ever thought of a career in stand-up comedy?
Unread 01-05-2002, 05:50 AM
Assembly Line Pre-Op

What can I say, you guys bring out the best in me! I came here a total wreck and you guys held me up till I was better.

I am grateful to be past that and be able to give someone who felt like I did a good
Unread 01-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Giggle giggle chuckle chuckle

Charity

Just had to reply. It was so refreshing to read your post. Humour is definitely the best medicine. Even though I am in Australia, the hospital teams must get universal training. Reading your initial thread was like going through my pre op again, although mine was over several different days (can't do it today - come back next week and you can get frustrated all over again).

I wonder why it is they assume you know where Here and Here are. I spent many times wandering the corridors of the hospital looking for them. Asking didn't seem to help either, just go pointed in the wrong direction over and over again.

In the end it was all good. I knew the hospital like the back of my hand.

I love the note you are going to put on your tummy. Just wish I had thought of it!

I hope all goes really well with you and with your attitude and sense of humour I am sure you will have a great recovery also.

At almost 4 weeks post it has all been good. The post op staff were unreal (not like their counterparts at pre entry).

All the very very best for you surgery and recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register