Have an overwhelming feeling of being freaked out by my new body.. - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have an overwhelming feeling of being freaked out by my new body.. Have an overwhelming feeling of being freaked out by my new body..

Unread 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Re: Have an overwhelming feeling of being freaked out by my new body..

Quote:
Originally Posted by meezer1 View Post
gmac, thanks for your kind words!
Cuff dehiscence is very rare....doctors and I concluded that the cause of mine was because I was over anticcoagulated (I am a lifer on coumadin), combined with the fact that I probably did a little too much at the 3.5-4 week mark. Sex was not the issue...i had not started that up yet (and still havn't )
I was feeling so darned good after lavh that I started going back to driving, shopping (but not lifting anything over 10 lb), bending to get pans from bottom drawer, cooking etc. I pushed a cart in walmart which had a shirt and a 3 pack roll of xmas wrap...nothing too heavy, but.......after looking back on this site, pushing carts is a no no
Just make sure you listen to your doctors as well as the ladies here.
What i did after my second surgery, was to compile my own list of dos and donts. I was amazed at the wide range of restrictions/advice of different doctors. i decided to err on the side of caution. for eg..my doc said nothing over 10 lb....I made that nothing over 5lb! And so on.
So far, I am doing okay...I am giving myself the full 12-14 wk post cuff repair to ease back to full activity slowly, (even though doc said I could do that starting now).
Try not to worry about the cuff stuff too much...I know it is extremely scary to read that this has happened to other ladies, but it is still very rare, and there is usually a specific reason for it.
Hope you hang in there...we have got to believe that things will get better!
And traeleigh...thanks so much for your wonderful, reassuring post! I always feel happier after I have read your comforting posts. I see that you are a few short months away from your 1 year milestone! Its so nice of you to come back on here to help those of us who are feeling down and frightened. I wish more ladies who have gone back to normal life would check in every now and again. I am especially looking for those who have had cuff surgeries, and are back to full recovery. I know it must happen! I still live in fear of this happening to me again...dont know what the stats on this are though.

Thank you so much for responding in detail.. I am holding your hand right now

So far, only 8 days post op, I have TOTALLY 100% taken it easy.. Today was hard to do so as I feel great, but that voice in the back of my head said DON'T.. So, I walked a bit around my house on and off and once again layed in bed.. I swear, after I am 100% again I want to sleep standing up as I have never hated laying so much until now! lol..

I just can't wait to not "fear" myself anymore.. I suffer terribly with panic attacks (thank God for my Klonopins) and this surgery and all of it's fear monsters of the unknown have did a number on me this week.. Had a clot scare which I am still not over either.. Nights I am worse as far as mood goes.. I just start to get scared for some reason..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 09:54 PM

So sorry some of you are having a tough time - try not to be freaked out by your body, especially if it's just a week or two after surgery. I am now 6 weeks post-op, and the shape of my belly has changed SO much (for the better) in that time. For the first week I had *very* swollen inner labia, horrendous black/dark-purple bruising on my outer and inner labia, and a swollen belly with big yellow bruises. But it will all change, so hang in there, and know that you're not alone!
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Have an overwhelming feeling of being freaked out by my new body..

Quote:
Originally Posted by balancedidjit View Post
bare shaver here too. I just shaved as much as I could until I could get my legs up. I can shave all the way now at 3 weeks 5 days.
Balance, and gail
I too shave my lady garden , or have been trying too lol apart from along my scarline, It's horrendous , like a patchwork quilt the first time made me giggle, it will get better with time,
gail....trust the hubby , you do his too lol x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2012, 01:11 AM

My garden is just gonna have to grow until I'm all healed. I don't like razors and razor stubble. I prefer waxing, but I don't think I can take the pain of that for a few months. LOL
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:08 AM

I used to wax until I had my first surgery many moons ago and was told you have to wait 2 yrs for a scar to be healed completely before you can wax again, unfortunately I've only had one bout of two yr free gyny surgery so have to stick with the razor, however a nice vajazzle works wonders, ..... Can't wait to vajazzle :-) lol x
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:14 AM

Lol.. Lady Garden.. I call mine hoo-ha..

Only on this board.. Only on this board..
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:20 AM

Hahaha x
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar View Post
I used to wax until I had my first surgery many moons ago and was told you have to wait 2 yrs for a scar to be healed completely before you can wax again, unfortunately I've only had one bout of two yr free gyny surgery so have to stick with the razor, however a nice vajazzle works wonders, ..... Can't wait to vajazzle :-) lol x
Oh no! Seriously? Shoot, I'm screwed. I hate using the razor. Any tips for stopping the razor stubble, itch?
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:16 AM

I found a couple of old threads on the subject of waxing post op. Some members have had it done after only a few months with no problems. If you are concerned, ask your doctor. Here are the links to the threads:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=208861

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=349471

Hope this helps....
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Catherine: Thanks so much! I checked out these threads and they were very helpful. Much appreciated!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register