a little nervous...less than 2 days.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

a little nervous...less than 2 days.. a little nervous...less than 2 days..

Unread 02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
a little nervous...less than 2 days..

My surgery is Friday at 2pm, so the anxiety is sitting in. I have sooo many things to do, wash all the clothes, work on thursday, take dd to basketball game at 6 pm, dh has to take 1 ds to basketball game at 7:30, shave the legs (lol) cant have hairy legs! clean myself out, sit by toilet, probably wont sleep much thurday night, etc.....

I gotta come here and poke a little fun, just to make it thru!

Anyway, I am having a TLH with the possibility of it turning into a TAH, due to endo. He will find out when he gets in there.

good luck to everyone and send a prayer my way!
Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Re: a little nervous...less than 2 days..

Don't bother shaving. No one's going to care and you're not going to want to do it after you get home for a while.

Oh, and FYI, don't shave your pubic area. If it turns into a TAH, you can end up with problems from razor burn to in grown hairs. They sometimes will cancel surgeries if you have shaved it. (At least in the hospital I was in)

I had shaved the week prior to surgery because I didn't know I was going in for it that soon. lol, I'm still waiting for some of my public hair to grown back four weeks later. Random bald spots from irregular regrowth.

Good luck!
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Hi Kris,
It sounds like we are both going through the same thing...I am cleaning and doing laundry to get ready for the big day. I am also having my surgery on Friday, but at 7:00 am. I really thought I was doing ok so far but then I got a little nervous when I did my pre-op at the hospital yesterday.....I think everything became more real to me.

I know that we will both be fine...I think that it is just the anticipation of it all. I am really looking forward to it just being over with and that is what is getting me through.

I have never been put under so I am really nervous about that and also about waking up in pain.

Good luck to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM

I did trim pubic area and shaved legs and painted toe nails.pre-op nurse said dont shave 24 hours prior to surgery.i lightly put lotion on day of surgery.no one ever said anything but you're not supposed to.i knew i wouldnt take shower at hospital so i did take bath morning of surgery (it was @ high noon)i also cheated and drank black coffee the morning of surgery.dr. said i could where surgery was scheduled @noon but not to have coffee after 7:00am but absolutely no cream in coffee.i really didnt get nervous until i was changing in hospital from street clothes to hospital gown.i was so ready for the outrageous amount of pain to go away.
it simply amazed me that when i woke up from surgery that i immediately felt so much better.it was like the whole bunch of pain i have had for the past 5 years was magically gone.i mean i had plenty of post-surgical pain,but the bad pain was gone..immediate relief.i dont know why you're having your surgery but please keep in mind about the relief you will find after this surgery.maybe this thought will ease your mind until you have surgery.it did me.
i hope your surgery goes great and you have a strong support team at home.you need to explain to family and friends about how long your recovery will take.SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE GOT THE MAGIC 6 WEEK MARKED IN THEIR HEADS PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TAKES A WHOLE LOT LONGER THAN THIS.my family hasnt understood this at all.i have even had to threaten divorce until my DH got it in his head i wasnt well.
good luck and i will say a prayer for you.hugs
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM

Hi Kris, I am also having surgery on Feb 10th. I am nervous also. My surgery is a SAH-BSO at 7:30 am. Have to be at the castle at 5:30 am. Good luck and prayers to you, sirenken, and all the other ladies going to the castle!
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM

prickly rose and slrenken, wish my surgery was as early as you guys...I think I might be starved to death, by the time I get to eat again!

I wish you both well and speedy recoveries (not too speedy) and I will post my update as soon as I get back home and feel like sitting at the computer or up in bed with the laptop.
Kris
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM

Hi all you Friday sisters!
Mine is also Friday. I'm added on to the OR schedule (my Dr doesn't normally do surg. on Friday's) due to heavy bleeding & clotting since Christmas. No idea as to time for surgery. No pre-op call yet. So no instructions yet. Not knowing stinks.
My nerves were ok until I called my Dr. office & spoke with the nurse. Had questions that she sure couldn't answer. So, been a mess ever since. Guess I'll save my questions for the pre-op nurse call tomorrow.
Just think ladies, this time next week the worse will be behind us. Can't wait. See you all on the post op board.
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM

they're only doing pre-op over the telephone?i had to go to hospital for a whole battery of questions.this took over 45 minutes.then i was sent down for blood work thru hospital lab.i guess each hospital is different.
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Chris, had to go in for labs last week and turn in paper work. But yes, pre-op is done over the phone around here. Usually a week or so ahead so they can eliminate any potential problems.
I'm pretty used to how add on surgeries work, I used to be the Scheduling Coordinator for a local ambulatory surgery center, before I became disabled from my Rheumatoid Arthritis. But we were never this behind. I'll just have to hurry up & wait.
Unread 02-08-2012, 09:46 PM

best wishes.i hope you do fantastic and wake up feeling like new and improved woman!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register