Surgery in April, very frightened - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in April, very frightened Surgery in April, very frightened

Unread 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Re: Surgery in April, very frightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapfear View Post
ok good. can we keep in touch. i find comfort talking to you. thanks again. God Bless you. XOXO.
Absolutely, God bless you too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM

you sound amazing. i will pray for you, my hystersister. i am going to look into getting my family's blood yes. keep me in your prayers. xoxo.
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:31 PM

I had a TAH for a very large complex ovarian cyst (12 x 9 x 11 cm) - roughly the size of a very, very large great fruit. I also had fibroids My incision was vertical - about 6 inches. I lost everything including my ovaries. I did not have any bleeding problems.

Have you had bleeding problems in past with previous surgeries? If so, be sure to tell your doctor. Also, talk to your doctor about your fears - that might help. Following your doctors orders to the letter pre-op should help cut the chances of you bleeding alot.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2012, 12:23 AM

I had a supracervical laprascopic hysterectomy for extremely heavy constant bleeding and 2 fibroids found during ultrasound causing it, and didn't know when they went it that they woud find adenomyosis and a benign tumor on my ovary but they did and pulled out my left tube and ovary as well. I was having almost constant bleeding for months and I was fed up, it was disrupting my work and personal life. I wasn't a bit worried about the surgery, I had been referred to the surgeon by my GYN who said he was a surgeons surgeon and other doctors went to him for surgery. The surgery center I had it done at in Baltimore was outstanding. I have never been asked so many questions in such a short time in my life. How was I to know it was good to tell them I had motion sickness so they could give me something to prevent nausea from the anesthetic or they could inject something into my IV post op to stop me from shivering! I went home the same day, and despite a slight amount of pain I was shocked at how good I felt. I know I still had the surgery anesthetic in me, but they put a patch behind my ear to prevent nausea from the percocet and I was good to go! I was told I had very little bleeding, and after watching a video today on YOUTUBE of a laproscopic hysterectomy I can see why! They don't really cut you with a knife anymore, they cauterize/cut, so your skin is sealed instantly! If you don't have a strong stomach I wouldn't suggest watching it, but I was fascinated at how they actually perform surgery nowadays, I had no idea it was so advanced!! Please try not to be afraid and use that time to prepare for recovery. Be ready to have 6 weeks total chillout time in your life to do everything you never have time to do, and spoil yourself rotten during it. You'll probably never get the chance again! I am more relaxed and rejuvinated mentally than I've been in years, and now I'm ready to start ZUMBA and lose some weight, with no "I'm on my period again" excuses! Learn as much as you can doing internet searches on your surgeons name, and also about the hospital or surgery center where you are having it done, this may help lessen your fears. Also I have read many posts from post op women and none have mentioned the need for blood transfusions or losing too much blood.
Go to the post op forum section and start reading thru the posts and you will find what we really go thru post op....mostly just a lot of swelling and uncomfortableness as our bodies heal. Be Strong, you can do this!

HUGS!
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Thank you so much you sound do amazing and I'm so appreciative. I'm happy your surgery and recovery went well. Please pray mine goes well too. Xoxo.
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:19 AM

Just to comfort you because I know how scared you are I was there myself on February 7th. I was also found to be very anemic(the doctor told me I could not give blood even if I wanted to) But I did buy some iron pills and took them as regular as I could without getting constipated and I was very blessed I did not have to have the transfusion as they told me I might have too. I know you are very worried because I know I was. This is a GREAT site I was blessed to find it before my surgery and the ladies on here are great about answering your questions. Take it easy and stay on the forums here and talk to family and friends. Do things to try to take your mind off of it. Most of all REST and take care of yourself before surgery. Hugs and It will all go just fine for you!!!
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Thank you everyone for your support. I'm still trying to learn how I get around on this cite. Iam not sure if Iam responding to all or one. Xo.
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Surgery in April, very frightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Just to comfort you because I know how scared you are I was there myself on February 7th. I was also found to be very anemi doctor told me I could not give blood even if I wanted to) But I did buy some iron pills and took them as regular as I could without getting constipated and I was very blessed I did not have to have the transfusion as they told me I might have too. I know you are very worried because I know I was. This is a GREAT site I was blessed to find it before my surgery and the ladies on here are great about answering your questions. Take it easy and stay on the forums here and talk to family and friends. Do things to try to take your mind off of it. Most of all REST and take care of yourself before surgery. Hugs and It will all go just fine for you!!!
did u have an abdominal hysterectomy? Can I keep in touch with u?
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Did u have an abdominal hysterectomy in the 7th? How are u feeling today?
Unread 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM

My hyster is next month, so I can't yet share that experience with you but I have anxiety disorder and I was terrified to have all 3 of my c-sections. I even had a massive panic attack when they prepped me for surgery all 3 times where my blood pressure bottomed out. The nurses took fantastic care of me and everything went just fine. I just had to faint first. Due to my extreme anxiety, I know I'll do the same thing before this surgery too, but I also know I'll come out just fine. This is major surgery, no denying that, but it is a very routine one that our doctors are very experienced at.

Take good care of yourself and try to look forward to a pain free, period free future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register