Here we go again...surgery postponed. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here we go again...surgery postponed. Here we go again...surgery postponed.

Unread 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Here we go again...surgery postponed.

Hello to all,

Just got word that my LAVH has been moved again...this is the 5th time. My level of frustration is indescribable. After years of painful heavy bleeding...sometimes unexplained and after 3 Docs telling me to go for the hysterectomy...I finally cave. And now noone seems to be able to get their ducks in a row. After complications from an ablation in May of 11, I have been hospitalized twice for pain. The first in October which lead to a hysteroscopy for PAS, cervical stenosis and blood trapped in the uterus. Then I bled for the entire month of November only to have a month filled with cramps in December. Because I didn't want this never-ending problem to interfere with Christmas, I toughed it out with outrageous amounts of Motrin and finally went back to Doc begging for an answer. Had an MRI and an US looking for adenomyosis...but nothing. Pain was so intense I felt like I was in labor and was admitted through ER in January. I was told while there that I would have an emergency hysterectomy...and faced my fears. Days later I was told it needed to be postponed for 4 days. Left hospital upset and in pain knowing I would not return. I got a second opinion and was told I needed the surgery ASAP...was scheduled for Feb 1...got bumped due to OR schedule, rescheduled for Feb. 9 bumped again...told it would have to wait until March 23rd as I was no longer bleeding and 2 Docs have to coordinate their schedules as they anticipate finding something amiss to explain my discomfort. I was sent for a cystoscopy to rule out bladder issues...no fun. Now I was just informed that I have been once again bumped and moved to March 30th. I am going to lose my mind. I have 5 kids, 3 at home and work per diem. I have been unable to work due to my pain and cramping. Haven't worked since the end of December. I am stuck at home filled with angst about this whole mess. I just want to get it over with. I can't even exercise anymore...just makes me cramp more. Any advice would be greatly welcomed. My husband is ready to wring my neck...He's wonderful but doesn't understand my level of anxiety. Hoping my sisters have some words of wisdom for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Re: Here we go again...surgery postponed.

I would be livid. The only thing I can think of is go back in through ER & maybe they can do an emergancy one then like was offerred before. I see how silly my frustration has been. I went in for my 3rd opinion on Jan 6th. Had to have test & two surgeons will be needed. Coordinated schedules & I am scheduled for Feb 14. I see now from the boards how fortunate I have been. I am so sorry I would be in tears! I hope someone else has some better advice but wanted to send you a **hug**
Unread 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks catgiggles....it means the world to mean to know that I am not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2012, 03:29 PM

I am so sorry for you : ( I hope you find peace and little pain til then. Can you get some zanax or valium for your anxiety? Not that drugs are the answer, but maybe they'd help.
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:45 PM

I suppose I could...but feel like a baby asking to be pacified. I might have to if I can't manage on my own. Thanks for the suggestion! Better living through chemistry
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Any possibility of finding another doctor? That is ridiculous!
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM

I am sputtering on your behalf. What a bunch of insensitive dim wits!!!

Ask for your Xanax. You need a break! And really, are there no other doctors in the area who will take your needs seriously?

Errrrrrrrrr.

Okay, maybe being outraged won't help the pain. But Xanax might.

Deep breaths.....
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM

It has taken me until now to find a Doctor that I actually trust. I honestly believe fate brought me to her. She was on call during my last hospital stay and of all the docs I have seen seemed the most pro-active. She was pushing for the emergency hysto. Then my OBGYN came on the scene on Monday (I was admitted on a Friday night) and he disagreed that I even needed one. He wanted to do another ablation or at least do something "exploratory". He reluctantly scheduled the surgery for Thursday but wasn't guaranteeing me that I would wake up with the hysto! Needless to say, I checked out of the hospital and went for a second opinion. I had to see the Urologist first, to make sure my pain and discomfort were not being caused by bladder issues...complications I started having as a result of the ablation. Nothing but good times since May 2011!! Long story short, I was originally scheduled for Feb 1 but was bumped by insurance. Feb 9th the OR bumped me for an emergency. I have been on standby ever since. The head of the department has agreed to assist so now I am dealing with coordinating two schedules with a busy OR. Found out late yesterday that one Doc is gone for the last two weeks of Feb and the other is off a week in March....pair that with a super busy OR and you get me....FREAKING OUT!!! Trying to keep myself busy with cleaning projects. My husband says we should take advantage of our time in more romantic ways...so there's that!! Red wine and romance! Thanks to all of you...this helps so much! My mother is no help and it's nothing something I discuss publicly!! :P

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register