No Success Stories? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

No Success Stories? No Success Stories?

Thread Tools
  #21  
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Re: No Success Stories?

Inevitable,
There are lots of success stories on here...I have read many. However, you should understand that this surgery more than most others, has a very deep effect on a woman. For this reason, it is not surprising that we are never 'the same' or "normal' again. Not in a negative way necessarily, but just different.
I am not the same peare rson I was prior to surgery. Some things are better, much better....no pain when I wear my seatbelt, no painful periods, and no tumor growing in there to worry about! Some things are not as good as before, sex for instance, due to nerve damage. Some things are just different...and take a bit to get used to..but aren't bad.

Everyone is different, and everyone is a unique person. If you have met one woman who had a hyserectomy, well, then you have met one woman who had a hysterectomy. : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Re: No Success Stories?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
If you have met one woman who had a hyserectomy, well, then you have met one woman who had a hysterectomy. : )


best quote ever.
  #23  
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Re: No Success Stories?

Dear Inevitable,

I agree with these ladies that the post-op forums are probably not the ones to be reading if you are pre-op, because they contain threads about issues that usually go away sooner or later. And, yes, success stories can be found in other sections, but most women who aren't having problems won't take the time to keep re-posting about how good they feel.

That said, I can tell you that I am 5 weeks post-op from a daVinci (kept ovaries; got rid of uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes), and I feel so much better already...it's amazing! I had a large fibroid tumor that was causing horrible cramping and heavy bleeding for 8-10 days a month! I am so glad that I will never have my period again!!! The only post-surgical issue I'm still dealing with is "swelly belly" by the end of the day, and that will go away eventually. I was able to return to work on a limited basis (I'm a dog walker and pet sitter) after only 4 weeks. I highly recommend the daVinci, if you need a hysterectomy.

Good luck and God bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Re: No Success Stories?

I am just over a week postop and I can already tell that I am happy I had the surgery, even in these early stages of recovery. I had horrible pelvic pressure from a fibroid and rectocele, heavy bleeding and cramping, and my poor bladder was being crushed by the fibroid. My cramping is gone, no more bleeding, no more pressure. And although my vagina is stitched from here to eternity and that doesn't feel so great, I am so pleased to no longer feel like I am falling out of myself!!! Sure, I've got several weeks of recovery ahead, but instead of feeling like I am getting worse every day like I did before the surgery, I now feel like I am getting better every day. I even feel like in some ways I have more energy than before the surgery...

The key thing is to choose a doctor who you trust and feel comfortable with!!

Good luck!
  #25  
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Re: No Success Stories?

I am still several weeks out.. My surgery is scheduled for March 27. This thread has been so encouraging! Thank you to Inevitable for asking the question, and thank you to all the rest who have shared your successes!
  #26  
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitable View Post
I've been on this board for a few months and I get depressed each time I read. It seems that the majority never feel quite right after a hysterectomy. They are never really back to normal. Can someone point me to the direction of stories where they had more energy, they were more active, they accomplished more AFTER surgery?

I feel like when I talk to people I have to "promote" why the surgery is good for me. I don't want to lose my hair, have bone loss, have mood swings, etc. but this is all I seem to be reading. My dr. tells me I am crazy ... yet the people on the board say otherwise.

I hope I am not offending anyone because this is not my intention.

What is the balance?
Well, Inevitable, I posted before and I am happy to say that I am now 7 days post-op and feeling better every day! I had my uterus, one ovary and both fallopian tubes removed and kept my cervix. I am definitely feeling better than I did pre-hysterectomy. I had heavy bleeding for so many years and I had just come to accept that that was "my normal." I too was having issues with a large fibroid crushing my bladder and my rectum and it was only going to get worse. Don't get me wrong, I know I've had major surgery and get tired if I do too much. I am walking around a little more each day and just taking it slowly. I am already peeing better and not feeling like I have to pee all the time (it was like being pregnant!). Even with "swelly belly" my belly is smaller than it was last week! I had the LSH abdominal so I have just three very small incisions on my belly that you can barely see, a nice plus (although I wasn't as concerned with looks as much as I was with feeling better) and I'm sure the laparoscopic has a lot to do with how well I am feeling this soon. I also think it's important to listen to your doctor and give yourself time to recover afterward. If you are at all able, do not rush back to work or rush into resuming your normal daily activities. I think it's makes a difference in how you heal and recover from this major surgery. I'm feeling very, very good but I can tell on the days when I forget and do too much I feel it the next day. And I am also down to 3 Motrin 600 per day. I stopped the narcotic painkiller within the first three days because it was making me feel worse. I just am one of those people who narcotics don't work as well for. Good luck to you!
  #27  
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

Thank you for posting this. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and I've decided to make this the last thread I read here pre-op.

Good luck to you





  Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitable View Post
I've been on this board for a few months and I get depressed each time I read. It seems that the majority never feel quite right after a hysterectomy. They are never really back to normal. Can someone point me to the direction of stories where they had more energy, they were more active, they accomplished more AFTER surgery?

I feel like when I talk to people I have to "promote" why the surgery is good for me. I don't want to lose my hair, have bone loss, have mood swings, etc. but this is all I seem to be reading. My dr. tells me I am crazy ... yet the people on the board say otherwise.

I hope I am not offending anyone because this is not my intention.

What is the balance?
  #28  
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

i have suffered from hysterectomy and some complications BUT immediately after surgery i felt like a weight of pain had been lifted from me.seriously!
yeah i did too much too soon.yeah,i still am experiencing endo issues BUT i am working thru this.its a very long recovery.i feel my dr. and his staff misinformed me on how long i would feel bad and what to do and what not to do BUT bottom line is i do feel tremendously better since surgery.so no,its not all bad but not neccessarily all good either.
i am glad to have found site cause my dr's tem didnt tell me anything besides not to have sex and not work before 6 weeks.if i hadnt read all those post-op's i probably would have messed self up really bad.i did tear vaginal muscle at 7 weeks but again i should have had better discharge instructions cause this a major surgery and EVEN if you keep ovaries they might not act the way they did before surgery.mine are cysty and feels like knives stabbing me for 2-3 days during ovulation.BUT you do need them more than you realize.
good luck and best recovery.
  #29  
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
i have suffered from hysterectomy and some complications BUT immediately after surgery i felt like a weight of pain had been lifted from me.seriously!
yeah i did too much too soon.yeah,i still am experiencing endo issues BUT i am working thru this.its a very long recovery.i feel my dr. and his staff misinformed me on how long i would feel bad and what to do and what not to do BUT bottom line is i do feel tremendously better since surgery.so no,its not all bad but not neccessarily all good either.
i am glad to have found site cause my dr's tem didnt tell me anything besides not to have sex and not work before 6 weeks.if i hadnt read all those post-op's i probably would have messed self up really bad.i did tear vaginal muscle at 7 weeks but again i should have had better discharge instructions cause this a major surgery and EVEN if you keep ovaries they might not act the way they did before surgery.mine are cysty and feels like knives stabbing me for 2-3 days during ovulation.BUT you do need them more than you realize.
good luck and best recovery.
Feel better soon Christinatas!
  #30  
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

thank you and i do feel tons better but 1st 3 weeks of recovery were rough but i made it thru but this recovery is definitely a weekly recovery.i am glad to never have to repeat.lol....
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
25 Replies, Last Reply 04-06-2012, Started By MM05
5 Replies, Last Reply 06-01-2011, Started By proudaunt
6 Replies, Last Reply 09-06-2009, Started By babs09
3 Replies, Last Reply 07-02-2009, Started By scanmann
4 Replies, Last Reply 03-21-2008, Started By shoemaven31
3 Replies, Last Reply 03-02-2008, Started By nervous73
5 Replies, Last Reply 11-21-2006, Started By baldwin94
12 Replies, Last Reply 10-15-2006, Started By chrisxnicole
9 Replies, Last Reply 02-02-2006, Started By Rose Garden
36 Replies, Last Reply 03-04-2005, Started By zim46
22 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues
23 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives
3 Replies, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues
8 Replies, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues
4 Replies, Cancer Concerns - GYN
8 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
6 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

November 25,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement