No Success Stories? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Success Stories? No Success Stories?

Unread 02-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

I'm sorry that you have missed the successes posted here. Most likely this is due to the fact that new readers don't generally follow a recovery from start to finish. I'm certain if you followed a group of sisters for 6-12 weeks you'd see that I'm right; use my story if you like. My surgery was life changing. I had dealt with exceedingly heavy periods with atrocious clots, pain and anemia. My uterus was full of fibroids, cysts and polyps. It was the size of a six month pregnancy and weighed 11.6lbs. I'm a success in just having that removed! I had a dVh/BSO on 10/20/11. Since then, I've begun HRT. Every factor in my life has improved. I've lost over 30lbs because I can now exercise without pain and I can physically do a sit-up. My sex life/moods are through the roof due to no pain or bleeding or wild hormonal swings. My skin and hair are glorious. I look 15 years younger because my face isn't stretched in pain and I have color in my cheeks and lips because I am no longer anemic. My one complaint lately is a bit of belly pain at the port sites, why? I just spent time with my sister and we laughed so hard for so long that I believe I irritated my healing belly. I'll take that complication any day. Please, read further. You will see the successes. Take care and I wish you the best. If you get only half my success, you'll be way ahead of the curve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 09:27 AM

I am 5 years post-hysterectomy. My quality of life reverted back to what it was prior to the issues I was having - in all areas of my life. Yes, the healing process must take place and there may be things that were a little "different", but all in all it was well worth it. The main thing is that I managed to find a terrific surgeon by talking to my own doctor and others in the community.
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:37 AM

I have felt absolutely great from the word go!

The only problems I have had have been niggly things in a way, compared to other people's problems before and after.

I love this site though, and even though my worries seemed small compared to others, it has been a huge help to me to chat to others for reassurance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM

I agree with so many points the other posters have made - While I am only in my third week post-op, and still have a ways to go before I get back to the overall strong, active woman I was before my surgery, I felt something close to elation immediately after my surgery. I had everything taken out laparascopically. I had a great surgeon and surgical team and had no nausea/no problems prior to discharge, so I was basically on Cloud 9 just knowing I would never again have to drink gallons of water for an ultrasound of my ovaries (for cysts that have plagued me for years), uterus (fibroids - ditto)....nor an endometrial biopsy (for unusual bleeding)....nor the almost two week periods that for some reason, early in my 30s, I decided must just be my fate in life....That in the future I wouldn't have to tell my DH "not tonight" two weeks out of every month, and that when we did, having to spread out a big towel on the bed (just in case my period decided to rear its unpredictable head), and the list goes on. I had a good role model for my hysterectomy - My mom had her TAH at 45 (I am almost 43) for fibroids and has always been happy she did.

It's definitely a journey, and while I can't yet call myself per se a "success story" (don't want to jinx myself!!!), I am keenly looking forward to a future without pelvic pressure, periods, cysts, and fibroids!!!!!!
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM

I agree -- go to the section about our stories, you will find many success stories!!

Mine is one of them. I had my LSH 5 months ago, at age 37, after a 10-year battle with endo and fibroids. I've never felt better and am very, very VERY glad I had my hysto! No regrets at all. No complications. No more periods, no more cramps, I'm a new woman!!
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:22 PM

I am 2 weeks tomorrow and I had the DaVinci. I have had a pretty easy recovery and am feeling good other that a little tired. The only problem for me has been a little gas and some cramping but nothing a little aleve can't help. Honestly, this was WAY easier than I thought it would be. I had my first post op, Doctor said I look great and can drive and start light exercise. Everyone keeps saying how good I look and how normal I seem (whatever that means...lol)

Everyone is different, but I think going in with a positive attitude and as healthy as possible helps. I amped up my work out program and lost a few pounds before surgery. I did that because I felt I wanted to be as strong as possible going into it.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:33 PM

my surgery was oct. 2011 it was a hard road at first dealing with what happened but life is great now prayers 2 u for a full recovery it can happen.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:40 PM

I felt terriable after my surgery so glad for this site, I can say women with or without go througn this , aging for us sucks. But I can tell you Im.having issues getting my hormones right but I have no more horriable periords, nignt sweats or a.belly that.was so swollen I looked pregnant. I looked for happy endings too but it.found solutions and great ladies going through the same thing I would have lost my mind if it were not for this site. There.are some great stories hope you are doing.well lol
Unread 02-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Ok...here is a success....after nearly 3 months ....my ovaries woke up!!
Unread 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM

my success is knowing i will never ever have another painful period again.i am lucky to push for this surgery the way i did cause surgeon said omendum was attached to most organs and i could've died if left untreated.so thats a success in itsself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register