No Success Stories? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Success Stories? No Success Stories?

Unread 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Re: No Success Stories?

I agree that those who have had success stories have likely moved on to have happy and fullfilled lives free from the gyne difficulties prior to surgery.

I am only 10 days post op having had a very large fibroid removed via a TPH. Whilst I have the usual after effects of surgery and am taking things very easy, I already feel that my surgery has been a success as that awful fibroid which was pressing on my organs and draining the life out of me has gone, and I already feel less bloated and less drained. Each day I am getting a bit stronger and am looking on this as a new start with a healthier lifestyle.

The sharing of problems is an important aspect of this website but for every one problem I am sure there are hundreds of problem free situations not reported here.

Best wishes to all.

Kallinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Like many have said there are success stories. Mine is one of them. I had a tvh on January 30 due to cervical cancer. Well I'm about a month out and feeling great. I saw my Dr today and he cleared me for everything other than lifting over 25 lbs. The first 2 weeks were rough. I was sore but I'm up and busy now. My body tells me when enough is enough. I try to stick around the forums for support because it did wonders for me I was so scared. And all for nothing I find out. Lol. Just remember everyone has a different story so do what's best for you keep a positive outlook and push forward. Good luck in your journey.
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:04 PM

I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow from TAH. My surgery went very well and no complications. I was only sore (like pulled muscle sore) for about a week. Then i just had to deal with being tired and a bit swollen in the tummy. Had some gas when bowels woke up after surgery. It's been luckily uneventful so far. I agree that many women having good experiences don't post, especially since we don't want other women who are struggling to feel bad. I wish you the very best with your surgery and recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM

I'm starting to think this whole thread should be required reading in the pre-op forum, lol! It is such a wonderful array of successes gathered in one, convenient spot!
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:06 AM

Here ya go! >wink<

Prior to hyster, my last 10-15 years before... bleeding every day, vacations miserable, bathing suit? HA! All day at a theme park? I had to pack a diaper bag! Meds to control bleeding, 4 BC per day, I was swollen like a toad. Cramps about half the time, narcotics to cope with that. Ulcers due to stress, so meds for that. Anemic, so 3 iron pills a day, and exhausted all the time. Diarrhea every day, ever time for ten years. Sex, uff, no thank you, only pain, why do people want to do that? Athletics, I'm a die hard, stubbornly competing, but nearly dieing at the end, major pain, exhaustion, days of suffering after each event, sometimes unable to drive home - Dr even telling me I couldn't do it.

After; first NO PILLS, none at all, nothing. No bleeding, bleeding, cramping, anemia, diarrhea, ulcers. Sex is fun! Who knew? I'm competing at twice the distance, easily!

It does seem to be a lot of posts here about problems.. people come here for help. Those that recover well don't think much on the surgery and "forget" about this site. I know I did, the one year anniversary reminded me, and I've tried hard to stop in at least once a week to give back.

I did have a rough recovery, and complications, and it did take me a long time to learn my new body. I'm still learning it.... but I LOVE it!
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:02 AM

Am sorry your Doctor is such a lump.
There are positive stories,
Courage My Sister,
PS- I'm going this week, March 8th, am beyond afraid, am angry,
getting to acceptance, I am 55 One Child, pre cancer.
what will be will be for me.
PPSS- you are NOT crazy, Let me guess, is your Doctor a MAN,
Men tend to brush us off, at least some do.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM

I'm going to try to continue to post my updates to try to give pre-op Sisters some inspiration. Here's my latest:

PICNIC BESIDE THE LAKE
Went with my new boyfriend to a local lake yesterday, spread out a blanket, and had a picnic. Watched the ducks, the clouds, etc. Walked around the lake afterwards. No pain, no worries.

It's been years since I've been able to do something like that. Where would I have gone to change my tampons, pads, and possibly clothes (in case of accident)? I haven't even been able to date for the last couple of years, due to all the pain and bleeding from a fibroid tumor inside my uterus.

Almost 8 weeks ago I had a DaVinci, and I feel fantastic! Sure, I had some unpleasantness, but post-op issues weren't near as bad as my pre-surgical problems. I am a new woman!
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:39 PM

I figure it this way.... something was wrong that made my uterus hate me so she got evicted.

I'm 5 weeks post op and whereas Im still having some pain in my groin area I stand by my decision and am sure I'll enjoy painless days/nights now.
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Most of the people I have personally met that had hysterectomies all said they felt SO much better and full of energy and wondered why they hadn't done it before.
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnistar View Post
Most of the people I have personally met that had hysterectomies all said they felt SO much better and full of energy and wondered why they hadn't done it before.
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, I have spoken to have said the same thing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register