No Success Stories? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Success Stories? No Success Stories?

Unread 04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Re: No Success Stories?

I see that I am your 70th reply, so I am assuming you have been flooded with success stories at this point. I didn't read the replies, but I want to let you know that the successes are out there! I had my six week appointment last Tuesday and have been incredibly reflective ever since! I had my first "missed" period a couple of weeks ago and I've got to say....whoooooo! I am free of pain! I am cleaning out my underwear drawer and burning all panties that remind me of the hell I went through for ten years! I am full of energy and...not to sound over dramatic...full of joy! When I was worrying about the procedure and the recovery (prior to the surgery), everyone kept pointing to the future, telling me to focus on how good I would feel and how happy I would be. Even though it may be hard to imagine right now, trust that it is true! I had large fibroids, an ovarian cyst and endometriosis...so I know pain. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and have had a pretty unremarkable recovery. Follow your doctor's orders, listen to your body and believe in a much happier tomorrow! This website is a huge source of support for so many women...probably why there are more "negative" stories than positive. I just upgraded my membership and look foward to being on the giving side of the support. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 12:08 AM

I am one year post op this month from having bilateral salpingo Oopherectomy. Proud to say that I am not on any hormone replacement therapy and managing my hot flashes and the rest of the symptoms just fine. I'm back on my exercise regimen which I firmly believe is what helps me control of the symptoms. I do 20 min yoga or stretching exercises to start my day in the morning, I take 2-3 one hour sessions of Zumba classes in the evening, and I walk or garden on weekends. Other than taking Estroven and calcium I've been able to manage my symptoms with being active and exercising.
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Hi Inevitable! I had my hysterectomy on Feb 15. About 5 weeks post surgery it's was like I was infused with super power!! I did as my doc said and took it easy the full six weeks, but I felt SO good! I had my 6 week post op one week ago today and was told all restrictions were lifted. That day I came home, went out in the garden and worked, moved furniture, did spring cleaning.. everything that had been building up on my list the whole time I was recovering!

It feels like I'm 20 years younger. I love not bleeding all the time, having energy, feeling level. My anxiety and depression have completely lifted.. honestly, feels like I've been given a second change in life.

I have four older sisters.. all who had to have hysterectomies. Two were pre-menopause, due to severe fibroids. The other two were post-menopausal with insanely big non-cancerous growths. All four will tell you it's the best thing they ever did.

I had adenomyosis, severe deep tissue scarring endo, and adhesions. I bled at least half of every month, sometimes more. Pain, discomfort, heavy clotting and flow kept me from living my life. It was horrible.

Regarding hair falling out.. mine is growing back!

Everyone is different, but there are positives out there. I think the other posters are right.. those who feel good aren't on the forum looking for support.

Hope this helps! I can honestly say it's one of the best things I've ever done! So grateful it was an option! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 06:11 PM

I am two days post-op and definitely feel like a success story! I felt better after surgery than I did going in in the morning. I am sore, but not in pain. So far, so good!
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:04 PM

GOOD LUCK TO U ,KATE!
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond ... just an update ... my surgery was 4 hours, uterus was 7lbs, and am up all night and sleeping in the day. I appreciate all of your support!
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:40 AM

Thank god you are alright.man,that was a big uterus!hope u keep doing well w/ recovery!
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:04 PM

So glad to hear you are now on "our" side of the mountain now! Keep us posted and ditch all your period indies!! I did!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register