Scheduled LAVH Surgery on Valentines Day- Major Anxiety now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on Valentines Day- Major Anxiety now Surgery on Valentines Day- Major Anxiety now

Unread 02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Surgery on Valentines Day- Major Anxiety now

I thought I had dealt with all the issues I had surrounding my hysterectomy, but now I'm totally freaking out. I've been ready to do this for weeks and I know that I need to do it, but I'm scared now. Scared of how long it will take for me to recover, scared I will be able to still manage my business while recovering, scared about waking up in recovery in major pain like I did after my surgery last year...and the list goes on. I really need to find a way to deal with all this before Tuesday. I have slam packed tomorrow and Monday with appts and when I don't have appts I have tons of stuff at home to keep me busy. I dunno...I've thought maybe that was crazy to try to pack so much in those two days that maybe I should take it easy and spend some time with my family, but I figure I will have lots of time to relax after my surgery.

I thought about going to get a massage tomorrow just to help me relax and take my mind off of stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Re: Surgery on Valentines Day- Major Anxiety now

I had a bowel clense party LOL well sort of (I was the only one attending LOL). I ran myself with a crazy schedule until the time I had to start my cleanse and that was it - no more client calls or emails (all out of office notifications were in place by then), blackberry away, just me, my family and my bottle of whatever that stuff was. Keeping busy is good but at a certain point, it your time. You'll do great. I worried too. I have my own business and help my husband run his, I volunteer in multiple places and worried that things would fall apart - they didn't - they just waited or coped until I got back. I didn't go back dor 12 weeks. It your time. Enjoy it - believe me, you can. Drugs numb the pain, books and movies ease the time and your loved ones will be there when you get out. Remember to breath, tell your Dr/Nurses about pain so they can help you manage, laugh at the gas that won't escape (I called mine the 'incarcerated fart') and most of all, take this time to reflect and grOw.
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Hi Janine- Thank you so much for your reply. My husband and I also run our own businesses so it's nice to hear your perspective. I am going out with some girlfriends tonight to play bunco so that will be fun and relaxing. I have been avoiding sex for about a month as it has been rather painful, but I decided last night I needed that release and have felt much better since then I think hubby feels better now too..lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM

Hi Ladies. I also run my own business and help my husband with his. I have really good long term employees so my business will be fine. My husband works from home so that will help also. I'm also on City Council in my city. I have decided that all of this will have to take a back seat to my recovery. Maybe they will all appreciate me more! From everything I have read on this site If you don't take the time you need you will regret it. Take this one day at a time and you will be fine. I'll be thinking about you on the 14th.
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxen577 View Post
Hi Janine- Thank you so much for your reply. My husband and I also run our own businesses so it's nice to hear your perspective. I am going out with some girlfriends tonight to play bunco so that will be fun and relaxing. I have been avoiding sex for about a month as it has been rather painful, but I decided last night I needed that release and have felt much better since then I think hubby feels better now too..lol.
I envy you! I was hoping hubby and I could have sex before my surgery knowing that it would be at least 6-8 weeks before we can again but since I hadn't stopped bleeding for the last three months it wasn't to be. I was very worried too. The pain has not been anywhere near as bad as I expected. I am four days post op and feeling pretty good. Just take it easy afterward and don't overdo it. Best wishes to you! See you on the other side!
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM

I kept busy up until colon cleanse time just like you. I also go a massage the day before as well; good plan. I was actually ready to go in and get it over with. I did wake up with pain and couldn't talk but started circling my hand around my belly and the nurse said " I think she's telling me she's in pain" to which I gave her the thumbs up and she gave me dalaudid....problem solved ; ) It really wasn't that bad and I only had a few days where I felt horrible.
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:26 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Was going to try to get a massage but unless I get out of my pre-op tomorrow early I don't think it's going to happen as I have booked myself pretty solid tomorrow.
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:02 PM

I have the same problem. In sudden panic. My surgery is on the 16th, I planned for friends and family to be around the night before to keep my mind of it all. Serious anxiety, I know that everyone keeps telling me it will be ok. today I finally told my husband everyone can keep telling me that but it really does not make me feel all that much better. I know that friends are only trying to ease my mind.
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:11 PM

What you ladies are feeling is completely normal. I worked up til 2 days before my hyster and then spent those 2 days scrubbing the house sterile and baking like I would never get the chance again. Keeping busy is good and can help, but sometimes you need the downtime(even though it is really hard to not think about the surgery). If anything try to find a half hour to yourself, it can work wonders!!

Vixxen, I hope you can squeeze in that massage!

Purple, I felt the same as you about everyone saying everything would be ok. It seemed the more people said it or dwelled on it the closer I was to a panic attack!

I hope all you ladies can get some time to de-stress before your surgeries and I wish you the best during recovery!!
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:03 AM

For some reason I'm getting more calm as I approach surgery. Although tomorrow I might be worse than today. For weeks I've been a total wreck. I think the waiting part is the worst so knowing my waiting part is almost over is maybe why I'm not feeling so badly.
I'm just ready to git er dun! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register