Not Scheduled Starting to feel like I am not supposed to have my surgery :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to feel like I am not supposed to have my surgery :( Starting to feel like I am not supposed to have my surgery :(

Unread 02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Starting to feel like I am not supposed to have my surgery :(

Hi ladies, I'm feeling down today because it feels like maybe I am not supposed to have my hysterectomy,
First I finally got my dr to approve the hysterectomy, she wanted me to do an ablation,D&C and hysteroscopy and see how that worked for me .
Then once I convinced her I just wanted to get the hysterectomy my pre op lab work came back showing that I was severly hypothyroid so I have to wait until that is stable, now that I'm feeling much better with my thyroid my husband who works on oil rigs is now being assigned to a rig for at least 4 to 6 weeks, which means he will be gone that whole time, and I don't have anyone else to help me so I have to wait until he returns.
Has anyone else gone through this? I'm not a superstitious person but I do have a strong belief in God. Maybe God is saying not to do this??
Idk, I don't mean to sound crazy or negative, but I can't help but wonder..
Thanks girls for listening ( reading) lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Re: Starting to feel like I am not supposed to have my surgery :(

I had the same problems. And my dr was extremely reluctant to do the hysto on me. However the terrible pain and constant bleeding he finally agreed. Come to find out my right ovarie and tube had severe endo all over and thats what caused all of the pain. So I guess what Im trying to say is that if you feel like your life would improve by having it done than keep fighting for it I think there are many drs who would rather not do hystos but they are not dealing with your issues. You are. :-) good luck sister
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:05 PM

Maybe not a sign that you shouldn't have it done but just a sign that it needs to wait till the right time. It seems to me that God does things in His time frame not ours. You have your thyroid under control which you may not have found out about if it were not for the preop lab work. Find out hubbies date to return... and sched your surgery for after that. I would give yourselves a little time together before you get it done. Best of luck deciding what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 02:49 PM

I think its a sign that you need the right time. Right now perhaps not the best. But when hubby is back, go for it. Get out the calendar, look at the day he returns, Give a couple days, and go thru with it. Dont look for the negative.

I was told btw, 2013 would be my year. Then in Dec, dr said he was thinking March 17 or April 17 of this year. Then last appt, First week of March. Now? 5 days. I only got 2 weeks notice. I took as a sign from God, that I need to do this to be healthy and happy. Yep, it was fast. Not nearly the prep time I had hoped. But... Its what I NEED. good luck sister!
Unread 02-12-2012, 05:11 PM

Thanks ladies!! I will just plan it for when he gets home and hopefully things will work out at that time. In the mean time I will just focus on getting my thyroid stabilized and holding down the fort! Lol thanks again gals!!
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM

hugs. I'll be watching to see what the future holds for you!
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:35 PM

Hope that we have helped a little. Make sure you keep us up to date on how things are going.

Irishwife I also got two weeks notice.. certainly not what I expected to be doing this week but hey... let's get it done!. Good luck to you.
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacaj View Post
Hope that we have helped a little. Make sure you keep us up to date on how things are going.

Irishwife I also got two weeks notice.. certainly not what I expected to be doing this week but hey... let's get it done!. Good luck to you.
Best of luck you guys with your surgeries!! I will be thinking about you and I will keep you posted on what ends up happening with mine. You guys have helped a lot!! Like you said everything happens for a reason and I'm just going to make the best of it!!
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:20 AM

I'm still fighting my doctors on having this done. I think it's best to schedule it for when your husband comes back, and do give yourself some time to talk it out with him and have those weeks alone to think about it. It's way easier to call and cancel and change to a lap and d&c than it is to schedule a hysterectomy. Pray, ponder, think, and talk it out with whoever you want. The decision is yours and we are here to help anyway we can!
[hugs]
xxxx
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedinoz View Post
I'm still fighting my doctors on having this done. I think it's best to schedule it for when your husband comes back, and do give yourself some time to talk it out with him and have those weeks alone to think about it. It's way easier to call and cancel and change to a lap and d&c than it is to schedule a hysterectomy. Pray, ponder, think, and talk it out with whoever you want. The decision is yours and we are here to help anyway we can!
[hugs]
xxxx
Wike, thank you so much. I know I want this, I have 4 children and am so tired of these awful periods every month. I will just have to wait until the timing is right

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register