Scheduled dVH/RALH I wanted to be a Princess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I wanted to be a Princess I wanted to be a Princess

Unread 02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I wanted to be a Princess

I was scheduled for my Da Vinci in the morning and although I wasn't totally excited about having surgery I was so excited to have to stress out of the way. I caught this stinkin' cold that so many have. started coughing pretty hard today. I called DR. answering service yesterday and spoke with a Dr. on call. He advised against having "elective surgery" when you have a cold. Said it's harder for recovery and can be dangerous. He wouldn't want to do it. So he advised he would call my Dr. and Hospital and cancel. Makes sense but I am completely totally bummed that I have to reschedule and once again anticipate upcoming date. Right now I should be joyously emptying my bowels ! LOL So to the rest of you ladies waiting for your date stay healthy and eat plenty of Oranges. Wash your hands because those germs are Everywhere.
Still hoping to enter the Castle soon enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Re: I wanted to be a Princess

I'm in the same boat. I am scheduled for Wednesday. I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow morning. I caught a cold on Wednesday and a terrible cough started last night. I don't want surgery but I want this done with!

I hope you feel better and reschedule soon.

Feel better.
Michelle
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieBsM View Post
I'm in the same boat. I am scheduled for Wednesday. I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow morning. I caught a cold on Wednesday and a terrible cough started last night. I don't want surgery but I want this done with!

I hope you feel better and reschedule soon.

Feel better.
Michelle
On the positive side a little more nookie and no meanie bowel products!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM

Although I have the hyster part behind me, I understand the frustration of rescheduling. I was scheduled to have my last ovary removed 1/30/12 and it was rescheduled for 3/12/12. Surgery bites and all the emotions that go with it. But better to be healthy(or as healthy as we can be) going into the surgery, then to chance it. Good Luck to both of you. Oh, enjoy the extra nookie:O)
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Flipflop---love your positive spin on it! I am hoping my period ends on time and I can get one last day of nookie in as well before my surgery...lol

Let us know when you are rescheduled to!
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:25 AM

Sorry you had to cancel. I hope you can reschedule soon and get it over with.

I caught cold the weekend before this and was completely miserable. I have asthma so I slept propped up for 5 nights to avoid getting a chest cough / bronchitis. But I sneezed so hard so many times that my belly muscles were sore before I even had a slight cough. I have my pre-op tomorrow. I tried to call the nurse last week but they didn't get back to me. I think I'm OK now though.

Having to reschedule is a major bummer but maybe not coughing during your recovery will be a good thing.

Hang in there.
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Each time I am faced with rescheduling I think maybe I just won't do this ! My doctor is booking surgeries into Late March ;( and my hubby has invited me on a business trip to Florida in Beginning of May. This is so frustrating. I can't believe first avail is 5 weeks away!!! I have a fibroid about the size of a softball that doubled in size in a year. I am finding myself thinking hmm maybe there's another way, or maybe I'll just wait. Except then I cough really hard and pee a little. Yikes ! So not cool. Yet, on the bright side I don't have heavy periods I have had 2 ablations. For now I can still take advantage of my husband , cervix intact. LOL what to do what to do? This cough would have been a bear to recover with.
Thanks for all support and wishing for the best for all of you in my situation.
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM

I'm really sorry you had to cancel and reschedule your surgery. Hope you can do it as soon as possible!
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:55 PM

I have a suggestion for anyone who is preparing for surgery. I have found that L Glutamine or just glutamine powder ( it's used interchangeably) is the best cure for colds! In fact I've been mixing the fast acting fruit punch flavor I got from GNC in with water twice a day for the past 2 weeks preparing for surgery so I don't get sick. This stuff works really well. I heard they give it in hospitals to help people with their immune system. It's an amino acid that usually bodybuilders use to recover from workouts. I've suggested it to others and they can't believe how well it works. Sorry you had to cancel but hopefully this will help you not to have to cancel again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register