Scheduled LAVH upcoming lavh/bso on feb 16th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

upcoming lavh/bso on feb 16th upcoming lavh/bso on feb 16th

Unread 02-12-2012, 07:33 PM
upcoming lavh/bso on feb 16th

im new to the site,(and a horrible speller by the way!!) and im starting to get really nervous for my upcoming surgery. ive had alot of laps and d and c's for my endo, i think 8 in the last 10yrs, and 4 cystocopys for my i.c. in that time also, 3 of them being in the last 2yrs. but this one makes me really nervous! there taking everything cause of my extreamly painfull ovulation. its gotten more painfull to ovulate each month than to bleed now, which just started in the last year maybe. but anyways, loosing my eggs at 31 is just kinda nerve racking, but i know my dr and i made the right decision...just got the nervous rambles thats all. thanks for being out there sisters!!

also, does bso mean ther taking my tubes? i forgot to ask my dr at my last apoitment a few days ago. i had them tied after having my c-section in 08 (christmas eve baby!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Re: upcoming lavh/bso on feb 16th

Yes BSO means the right & left tubes and ovaries will be removed. Of course you're nervous! This is a very stressful time. Deep breaths. Now is a good time to explore this site and do some research. I found it very helpful to be informed. Please come here often and ask all your questions. We are always here for you!
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:18 PM

to HysterSisters! I am sorry you have to have a hysterectomy, but glad you found this site!

As sugarandspice said, DEEP BREATH. This is a very scary surgery, and you are very young to have this. However, being in extreme pain is no way to live either. I have read posts from other women in your condition who are happy they had their hysterectomy.

And yes, BSO means you loose ovaries and tubes on both sides. I had a TAH (total abdominal hysterectomy) BSO.

There is a lot of information on this site. Explore around, ask questions, post your fears and emotions. We are here to help you through this. This site is full of wonderful, strong and supportive women.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM

thanks sisters! ive read TONS of the recovery storys which are very helpfull. im not going to even go into the HRT section till after the surgery...ive had a lot of probelms w/ hormones over the years, so im not expecting to get it right on the first try...but that would be nice! not thinking negativly, just logicly. ive been wanting a hystermectory for many years now, been trying since i was 24, very painfull endometrosis, and I.C. but while proving to my insurance co that i didnt want children, and that we exhausted every other resource to help me, i lost my insurance, and actully got pregnet in that time after being told for years i wouldnt likely be able to carry a baby. after a pretty rough preg, w/ sever preeclampsia, and a daughter born 3mths early (and now very healthy), here i am...3 yrs later...in a place that i never knew i wanted to be untill i got there, and getting the surgery that i have so desperatly wanted, but glad i didnt get untill now. so theres a lot of really crazy emotions running threw me at this time. (didnt mean to go onto the huge 'baby' rant, i know its a touchy subject for some) luckly my amazing dr perscribed me some valum to get threw my last ovulation and pre op anxiety, and its been a HUGE help! but im just high strung by nature (and very gabby too!) thanks again sisters. everyones been such a huge help in this time, and i know youll all be here after too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register