Scheduled LSH Getting sick B4 Thursday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting sick B4 Thursday Getting sick B4 Thursday

Unread 02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Getting sick B4 Thursday

Hello...
After having a house full of little sickies I guess it was inevitable.
I have a cold and a sore throat and I won't be able to talk to my Dr. until tomorrow.
I really don't want to have to reschedule
Does anyone know what makes them cancel surgery?
Thanks...Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Re: Getting sick B4 Thursday

My doc will cancel surgery even for a cold. It has more to do with the anesthesia than the surgery itself. I'm so sorry. That was and still is one of my biggest fears. I've been washing my hands like no one's business. Luckily, the sickies have steered clear of our house so far. I'm sure they'll come whole hog soon enough.
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM

My surgery is also on Thursday and I have been terrified that an illness would cause cancellation (after waiting 5 months already). So far so good, with 3 days to go I'm healthy.

My family doctor told me that it would take a bad flu or shortness of breath to have them cancel. Hopefully if it's just a common cold, they will go ahead with your surgery.

Best of luck..nice to know there are many others going in the same day!

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Just left my preop, surgery tomorrow, I have pink eye (being treated),stuffy nose, drainaged, but dr listen to my lungs & said its ok j we can go ahead bc the sounded good & no fever.
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:01 PM

I just recommended this on another thread but I have found L Glutamine or Glutamine powder (same difference) will stop a cold in it's tracks. I get the fast acting fruit punch flavor powder from GNC & mix it with water. I've been taking it for the past 2 weeks to try & help. It's an amino acid that boosts your immune system. I've heard hospitals use it to help patients with their immune systems. Usually it's used for bodybuilders to recover after a workout. My step dad told me about it 2 years ago & I take it whenever I feel the icks creeping up.
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Oh no Laura! Not you too... so many of us sched for this week have come down with some sort of bug! Praying that you can get past it or just get a light version so you are still a go for Thurs. I thought I was getting better but today my ears stqarted acting up -- we will see what tomorrow holds.

I am thinking maybe the stress of this whole process is messing with our immune systems! well maybe I would believe that if my whole family weren't sick lol

Wishing you the best! Our castle sticky goes up tomorrow --- and I am starting to get SO nervous!
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Ugh...our sticky goes up tomorrow! That makes me nervous!
Hope you're feeling better, Nacaj.
Keep me posted
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:38 PM

I sure hope you feel better by Thursday!

I have surgery tomorrow morning and I called the doctor's office today because my husband and 2 little sickies are all sick. My husband has slept in the guest room for the last 3 nights so I won't catch his cold. The nurse told me that if I have a fever, chills or am congested or coughing , it will be canceled.

So far, I'm good. I have to make it 9 more hours.

I pray you make it. Rescheduling would be so hard!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register