Scheduled TVH Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

Unread 03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Re: Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

the longer anybody can take off from work is really better.i wish i could've took 3 months off cause you really feel like yr old self around the 3rd month mark,not the magical 6 week mark as told by other ppl and doctors.some ppl. actually believe you are completely better @6 weeks.i would strongly advise to not go back @2 week mark regardless of what kind of surgery you had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 07:02 PM

I took 6 weeks off because I get temporary disability while I'm gone so I don't have to worry about money. I'm thankful for that. I work in Nashville and I drive a motor coach. I LOVE my job but I can't go back till end of April. I hate the waiting! I know doctor knows best but still tired of the waiting!!!!
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM

Hello!
I am sure that each person is quite different from the other. In my case I went back to work the 6th week, because the doctor told me to do so. I still go by taxi, I do not drive, but I go back home by bus. It is difficult but I do have to do it. I was wearing a tight cotton panties but I started wearing the post surgery girdle. I feel more comfortable. Most of the time I do feel fine but there are others that I do feel very tired.
What I am avoiding is lifting things and using the vacumm cleaner. But most of the other activities like walking, or going outdoors, even going to the market, I do it by myself since I do not have anybody to do it for me.
Best wishes always!
Airam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 12:58 AM

Hey Ladies... This work thing has been a major issue for me, as well. My doctor originally told me I could go back to work as early as 1 week... if I was up for it. When the time came around for me to return at the one week point, there was no way I was going to up to going!!I called work and told them that I needed one more week. So, I am returning on Monday, which will be one day shy of two weeks. As nervous as I am about returning, I am hopeful this will be the right time for me to return. I spend most of the day in an office chair, and am wondering if there is something I can get for that chair to make it more comfortable??

Anyway, take the time you can and need!!!! Go easy on your bodies, and rest when you get home!
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
e
i still think ALL women recovering should at least get half their pay for at least 4 weeks.but that sounds like a perfect world,doesnt it?if i hadnt had to go back early i would've took at least 8 weeks off.cause i swear that's when you start feeling like your old self.good luck to all!!!
I wish. I run out of leave time after this week (week3) so I am having to go back to work at my full time job next week. I am still off from my part time job until 4/23 but am no longer getting paid from that one as you only get 1 paid week off a year. So I have to go back because we just had to pay over 4 grand to get a new furnace installed this week and we need the money. Would love more time off as I am exhausted but sad to say my job has none of the disability pay I see others talking about.
Unread 03-30-2012, 03:20 AM

I had a DvH, originally the doctor said I could return to work at 3 to 4 weeks, that turned in to 4 to 5 weeks. I have to say though, I'm grateful my doctor didn't give in to allowing me to return to work. I have a desk job, but I do not know how I would have made it through all day at that desk. My main "pain" was under my left rib cage area, apparently it was where the largest port was, it wasn't until week 4 that was bearable enough for me to wear my normal clothes.

I admire the ability for some of ya'll to jump right back....but I would advise anyone to take at least 4 to 6 weeks if you can.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:27 AM

I'm going into my 8th week recovery and feel about 95 % now. At 6 weeks, I still didn't feel ready to jump back into a physically demanding job-.-lifting, pulling, stretching, bending, squating, so the doctor gave me 3 more weeks. I started right away doing exercises to build up stamina, flexability, and weights. Now I do feel like when I go back, I can go back at 100% with no restrictions. I wasn't getting paid but I'm fortunate that my husband works and we could make it on one paycheck a little longer. Worth it for sure. 2 weeks, no way--4weeks, no way, 6th week--maybe, but probably would have pain .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register