Scheduled TVH Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

Unread 02-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Re: Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

If i could of managed it,money-wise,i would've stayed out for 3 months cause thats when you really start feeling more like your old self.i know that sounds like a long time but it would've been beneficial in a very great,fantastic recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 02:06 PM

I went back to work a week and 4 dys but I wish I could go back in 6 wks, I was definitely not ready but I could not loose my job, especially when your boss had a historectomy 25 yrs ago and said it was easy after one week..not. No way. The pain got worst and I was tired, I get chance to rest a lot and even sleep. But I wish I was home, I had to keepp on prococet the only relieve..today is my best day. 3wks post op
Unread 02-14-2012, 02:21 PM

what is the doctor recommended time frame for recovery/resting after the operation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 04:54 PM

DR. WONT USUALLY RELEASE YOU UNTIL THESE TIME FRAMES
tvh=2-3 weeks(BOTH FRIENDS WASNT RELEASED UNTIL 8 WEEKS FROM THIS
dvh=2-3 weeks(THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE BEST KIND TO HAVE,LESS INVASIVE)
lvh=2-3 weeks(6 WEEKS FOR OTHER FRIEND)
TAH=6-8 WEEKS(3 MONTHS YOU FEEL REALLY GOOD)
ANY TYPE = COMPLETE HOUSEREST 1 WEEK W/O COMPLICATIONS
but numerous women i personally know from a TVH wasnt released until 6+ weeks
i went back to work from TAH (WAITRESS) @ 3 WEEKS. i felt completely dead for 3 weeks,i should have trusted my body and not worried about money.but thats easier to type than do.but i felt awful for weeks back @work.simply awful....
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM

I am only 6 days post-op at this point and had my stitches out today but I could not imagine going back at only 2 weeks! My doctor won't even let me drive until at least 10 days post op and then for only a very short distance even though according to her I am healing well. I am lucky enough to be entitled to full pay from my employer for up to 10 weeks of disability. My doctor says I can go back at 4-5 weeks and I am taking the full five. I realize not everyone is that lucky but how much is your health worth to you? All my friends who have been there before me told me they took 5-6 weeks and still felt that they went back too soon. Take the time to heal. P.S. I too have a desk job but it can be high pressure and from time to time I have to move files around and there is no way I can do that just two weeks after surgery.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM

We shouldn't beat ourselves up...if we have to go back for financial or job security reasons then that's what we'll do...if we are lucky to have a job where we get paid leave and we have enough owing then we should take the time off. It's so hard not to sit and home and feel guilty that we aren't working but in a year's time it really won't mean much to us at all.
Goodluck to everyone on their return to work whenever it is...and I totally understand that it is easier to say don't go back but if you have no money coming in that creates stress of a whole new kind! x
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM

I'm scheduled for DaVinci on 3/7 and I'm planning six weeks. Yes, that's a bit much but I have a crazy schedule, sit down but STRESSFUL job, long drive and a crazy busy home life. My doc said he'll fill out the paperwork for whatever so if it clears our disability department, I'm taking it.

I've been a good soldier through all of this mess and now I'm gonna relax, heal, and take care of me.
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM

I could not understand how the surgery I had was only supposed to have taken two weeks for my healing. I was misterable for three months before my OBGYN suggested I go see my son's Gastrointerologist. As it was, what I was blaming on the surgery was on something that I simply needed to help by changing my diet. If things do not seem to be going well in your healing and you have a "gut" feeling things are wrong, they may be. Be very specific with your surgeon and/or OBGYN about what you are feeling. A new diet and a harmone patch, and I was back on my feet (literally).
Unread 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM

I'm at two weeks today and am feeling great. I'm 100% certain if I went back to work now I'd be completely wiped out, but for the first time, I can see how someone who healed more quickly than me could make it back this soon. For those of you who can do it, be careful. listen to your bodies, and good luck!!!!!
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:19 PM

I am scheduled for March 13, TVH, cystocele repair and something else with my urethra.....anyway I got approved for 6 wks disability pay at work and am hoping to only take 4. That being said, I am going to listen to my body and let my body tell me when it is ready to go back to work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register