Scheduled TVH Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

Unread 02-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Re: Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

To be honest with you before my TVH my doctor told me I be out of work for four weeks. My suggestion is take as much time as you need to heal, because I'm still at home taking 2 more weeks out because minor issues I'm having. So please just monitor your recovery process because if you rush back to work, then something happen it could make things worst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelette View Post
I had the surgery on jan 24 and went back to work onFeb 6.. less thatn 2 weeks.,. I have a sit down job.. and also I can walk around when I need to.. it was fine for me.. my doctor didn't want me to drive for 2 weeks , so I got a drive to work the first day.. but after that I felt fine to drive.. some days I came home and was very tired, but all in all it was fine.. now it is 4 weeks and I am still doing very well.. but waiting to be cleared to go back to my gym.. I wal about a mile a day for now.. but still feel like I am getting out of shape.. I miss yoga, but that will be hard to get back to for awhile!
I can't wait either!! I'm already fluffy, I don't need any extra help. And now that I have swelly belly, I hope I can fit in my work clothes.....Although I suppose I'm glad I have the time to adjust to being at work then adjust to working fulltime and going to the gym.
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA View Post

LAVH, i had my surgery on feb 9 and attempted to go to work today. I planned on working for just a few hours and ended up working 6. I have a sit down job and let me tell you...by my 6th hour i was about to pass out. I came home and literally cried myself to sleep. I slept for about 2 hours and was better when i woke.

Be careful. You think you are fine but even the mental activity was too much. I wont be back to work again until next week and even then it will be for only 3 hours at a time.
My doc seems to think I can do it. Although I've decided maybe I'll do a few half days next week to help me work up to it. Ever since I passed on my surprise diagnosis of uterine cancer, my boss is very willing to work with me on whatever we need to do to ease me back in. It's just that I have limited amounts of PTO and no short term disability. I am afraid because my job is very fast paced and demanding even though it's sit down. I have only been able to sit at my computer with a belly binder. Without it I can't last very long. Here's hoping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 07:29 PM

I am now wishing I'd not said I'd come in next week and help with month end...reading all of this, guess it's just natural to start to doubt yourself...I know I'm doing ok but guess it's scary getting back into life away from the protection of home Well I'll see how I go and if tomorrow I'm feeling too unsure and nervous I'll just ring and say I've had a setback...don't have to give them details and say it's my brain that's the setback do I lol...x thanks so much everyone for sharing with us.
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Sounds exactly like me! I too have an in home childcare preschool, and my surgery was on a tuesday then i opened back up the following monday. My awesome brother came here to help me for a week, then I was on my own. I too wish I could have afforded to just close for a few weeks, but that was too risky... 3 weeks out, I take naps every afternnon with them! My friends stop by when they can to give me little breaks and my families do everything they can to help out in the am and pm. If I had PTO, sisters! I would have taken it! I love the weekend, I don't move barely at all!
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:48 AM

extreme work tiredness was w/ me for a good 3-4 weeks after i started working.i hope its not that long for you.
i still think ALL women recovering should at least get half their pay for at least 4 weeks.but that sounds like a perfect world,doesnt it?if i hadnt had to go back early i would've took at least 8 weeks off.cause i swear that's when you start feeling like your old self.good luck to all!!!
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:04 AM

Soooo hot here today it was 42 degrees celcius! Now it's still 28 so not sure how I'll sleep tonight! Still I moved into our front unit for the day as it's got air conditioning and since the kids moved out last year it's vacant...thank god kids leave home ... we live in one unit and the kids used to live in the other worked so well not having young men in my bathroom, kitchen...and gave them some independence until they had enough money to leave...now they both are off exploring the world so my recovery is aided by having grown up kids I'm sure...and access to a clean unit with air cond lol...bring on 8 weeks Christina :-) and compulsory paid hysterectomy leave.
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof3 View Post
I am now wishing I'd not said I'd come in next week and help with month end...reading all of this, guess it's just natural to start to doubt yourself...I know I'm doing ok but guess it's scary getting back into life away from the protection of home Well I'll see how I go and if tomorrow I'm feeling too unsure and nervous I'll just ring and say I've had a setback...don't have to give them details and say it's my brain that's the setback do I lol...x thanks so much everyone for sharing with us.
Mine is for the joy of month end as well... You must be in accounting like me. I almost am starting to not mind going back because there's only so much playing on the computer, reading and watching tv I can do....It's starting to lose it's shine...I'm also having problems sleeping. I think it's because I'm not tiring myself out as much so I'm not sleeping well. And I've been getting off the pain meds so it's hard to find a comfy spot to sleep.
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM

I've earned up to 10 weeks disability leave with full pay and my doctor said 5 weeks off for my LSH and I'm taking it! I've talked to so many people that came back sooner and were sorry they did! I feel for those of you who are unable to do so. When my doctor first recommended surgery I didn't realize I was entitled to full pay (I've been lucky and had never been on disability before) I resisted because I couldn't afford to lose money. It's terrible to have to choose between your health and your paycheck.
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I could not go back to work right now. I'm still on tylenol for discomfort, and am tired and lacking energy. This website really stresses that you only have one chance for a good recovery and cannot get this time back. If it's at all possible, give yourself some time to heal. and remember, it's not just your incision(s) that needs to heal...there's alot of healing that takes place internally. also inflammation that till take a while to go away completely. Good luck with your surgery/recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register