Scheduled TVH Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks? Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

Unread 02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Re: Did anyone return to work at 2 weeks?

I'm due for surgery in 8 days. My Dr. and pre op nurse have both told me the same (LAVH), no driving till 4 wks, 4-6wks off work (desk job) and I was told no weights, no yoga, sit ups, gymball etc for 6mths! only exercise reccommeded is walking, swimming and cycle. she says this will ensure good healing and strength for life. she explained that because I haven't given birth the uterus ligaments are very strong and they are stitched to other places when uterus is removed. During pregnacy apparently the ligaments stretch and afterwards are more supple and elasticy. It is important for this to heal well and thoroughly. I also have to wear 'stockings' for first 2 weeks and was told for 6 mths if I travel longer than an hour i have to wear them. I am lucky I have a fantastic employer who is letting me do some work from home when I'm up to it and return whenever I am ready to. I have had 3 yrs of trouble and lots of time off so they are encouraging me to heal very well before returning and hopefully after this all the time I will take off will actually be for holidays!!! whoohoo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2012, 06:51 AM

I'm almost 3 weeks out of radical with dvh for endometrium cancer. I could not imagine going back to work right away. After I walk around for a while my ab is uncomfortable, some twithces, so I'm needing to rest quite often. Also, my thighs still have numbness especially on right side and some picking, burning sensations if I am up too long. I also notice I don not have stamina and my muscles in my back and leg tire easily. I'm taking all the time the doc gives me because my work is physically very hard.==Plus I will have to have cancer treatments in about month.
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:34 AM

I drive a motor coach for a living and doc said I should be able to go back to work in 4 weeks. I'm hoping so. I have had many surgeries in my life. Even abdominal. I hate being away from work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2012, 10:07 AM

I had the da vinci and my doctor said it was okay for me to go back to work at my desk job just shy of 2 weeks out.
I love this site and I love all you ladies but all the doom and gloom predictions are freaking me out. I think I'm starting to get really paranoid to go back to work even though I really think I'm healed enough to do it. I feel like I'm not being supported in going back to work. And now I'm making a huge mountain out of it. Which if I weren't being paranoid, I probably would go back and think nothing of it. I'm sure I might be a little tired and a little sore, but I was a little tired and a little sore before the surgery. For me it's same old same old.
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Yes but this soreness will go away where the one before never would I'm having the abdominal hyst taking everything out. I cramp do bad now that I feel like I'm in labor all of the time. Im counting the days till the 6th of march for my surgery!
Unread 02-26-2012, 06:05 PM

I went back to work 2 weeks after surgery I work in the school lunch room and I did fine. Was just really tired at the end of the day.
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:46 PM

Hey all...well first day back at 3 weeks post op today...office desk job and all is good...I was fine...did 5 hours straight and headed home a little early instead of taking lunch and going back. Must say big relief to know I could do it and so far no adverse side effects! I am feeling really positive about my return to work and everyone was very supportive. My bottom got a bit sore but I just got up and wandered around for a bit so tomorrow back again and see how the rest of the week pans out. Sooo happy
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof3 View Post
Hey all...well first day back at 3 weeks post op today...office desk job and all is good...I was fine...did 5 hours straight and headed home a little early instead of taking lunch and going back. Must say big relief to know I could do it and so far no adverse side effects! I am feeling really positive about my return to work and everyone was very supportive. My bottom got a bit sore but I just got up and wandered around for a bit so tomorrow back again and see how the rest of the week pans out. Sooo happy
Glad to hear it!
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:24 AM

I di da vinci and went back in a bit less than 2 weeks.. all was fine.. but i did get home and was very tired.. andrested and took it easy at night.. now it is almost 4 weeks.. and my inner thighs feel so much better .. it was very weird how they felt inside.. I still get tightness inside my tummy.. and it hurts at night if I do too much.. but healing has gone very well. and my 4 incisions look great,... it really was an amazing surgery.. too bad I have to pay my 20 % now..that hurts more!
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Please don't feel guilty. You have been passionate about your job, now it's time to be passionate about your healing. I've worked all my life too and it's hard to have to be set down for a while. One thing I'm learning as I read all these posts is take the time to heal right. I don't want to end up with any complications because I overdid myself. I'm rootin for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register