Stitches in Vaginal Cuff and sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stitches in Vaginal Cuff and sex Stitches in Vaginal Cuff and sex

Unread 02-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Stitches in Vaginal Cuff and sex

At post op Doc said we could try sex at six weeks but that sometimes your partner can feel the end of the stitches that are in the vaginal cuff and find them uncomfortable. Apparently these particular stitches don't dissolve as quickly as the others. She said at 8 week post op she could remove them but preferred not to. I am nervous enough about the idea resuming relations and this has just added to it. Anyone else told this or experieced it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Re: Stitches in Vaginal Cuff and sex

I thought they dissolved on their own?
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Most of mine were gone after three weeks and because I'm not allowed to take a bath before all are gone I asked, how long it will least till all are gone.
My Gyn answered, all stitches should have been gone the latest after week four.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM

I still had mine at 6 weeks and was given the go ahead. We were going to wait until after my follow-up at 8 weeks, but that thought lasted an hour, lol. We were easy and dh did say he felt them, but they weren't uncomfortable to him, just made him paranoid for me. I'm not sure about having the dr remove them though. I want to say mine were completely gone by the time I did go for my 8 week check up. Good luck and if you aren't comfortable with it, don't do it. You need to be as relaxed as you can be or it won't go well.
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM

I go see my on the 20th and will have to ask him about my cuff stitches. I haven't thought about that when me and hubby will final get to that point. My told me at week 4 post-op that my cuff was way up so I guess I haven't thought about hubby feeling anything. We have agreed to hold off until I see my to give us the "go all the way" clear. ARGH! that makes me nervous!!!!
Unread 02-14-2012, 02:56 PM

I had my 4 week post op appt yesterday and my cuff was completely healed. They clearly disappeared on their own. I had no odd spotting after about 2.5 weeks post op.
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Still had stitches at 7 weeks here. My hubby said he could feel the stitches during sex and they were a little uncomfortable for him. 2 weeks later, he couldn't feel them anymore. So, they will go away! My doctor said that sometimes it takes awhile for the stitches to dissolve.
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:20 PM

Thanks that is helpful to know
Unread 02-16-2012, 04:00 PM

I just got back from the doctor. I'm at 5 weeks and my stitches are still in tact. She said they will start to dissolve within a week or so, but said sex was ok starting next week. I'm extremely nervous.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register