2 days beford surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days beford surgery 2 days beford surgery

Unread 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
2 days beford surgery

hi , i am newbie on this site, just heard about it today>>>i am having a complete hysteretcomy on the 16 th of february,i have stage one cancer.....i am becoming rather anxious and going into an unknown area...how did you deal with the family before going in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: 2 days beford surgery

welcome 5th wheel. i'm so glad you joined us.
Well... "How did you deal with the family?" that will probably depend on your family dynamics and everyone's response is likely to be different. I leaned on my husband alot. As close to my sisters as I am, I kept them in the dark about the date of my surgery and told them afterwards. I tried to be strong for my daughters so they wouldn't worry so much and pretty much I only talked to my husband about my concerns. Had my mother still been here, I would have her to lean on. I think if you surround yourself with the people you trust most/your circle of support, things will go well and you get the comfort you need that can only aid recovery! Keep us posted, please.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:20 PM

Family is tough - but you know the situation best. I will tell you that this is the one time YOU get to dictate who is with you and when. YOU get to decide all aspects of this. You are having the surgery and it is YOUR CHOICE.

I remember I excluded my MIL from my pre-op room. I would only allow my DH. (My mom is deceased, and my three siblings are not in the state). She was not real pleased, but this was MY choice. I did allow her in post-op, and she sat with DH during my surgery.

Good luck....

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM

So glad you found this site! The ladies here are a real source of encouagement. I'll be going in for a DvH on the 17th so I'm right behind you! I have Endo cancer (I think it's stage I but I guess they don't know for sure til after surgery and the Path report comes back)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes really well for you and you have a speedy recovery!
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Good luck to you both H & H & Wheel! They found my cancer on my post-op pathology. Family is hard and they each need a little something different from you as always but remember, you have to come first for a change!
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:32 AM

thanks for your thoughts, i am sure it will be all fine , but the nerves are starting now, but i am trying to keep them under raps...Valentines day today and i don't want to put a damper on the day>>tomorrow will interesting...fluids only and the wonderful powder you have to take to clean you out hahaha, oh well have to keep positive and find humour in things...the hardest i think is the unknown what it will be like when you come out surgery... the feeling of did they get all they needed to get out , regarding the cancer...positive thoughts always and that what i have been trying to do..one step at a time..
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM

Hi there! I'm a newbie here too. the nerves come and go. sometimes I want to act like everything's normal, and talk to my friends about the normal everyday things. Sometimes I want just my most trusted loved ones around. As the day approaches, I find I need more solitude to reflect and prepare emotionally and spiritually. You are so right about the positive thought process. Keep visualizing health and recovery. Here's my deal with family--the ones who are supportive, ask for what you need, even if it changes moment to moment. The ones that are a drain or want to inflict their drama, put firm limits in place--this is not the time for you to be having to deal with it. Or have someone you trust that's strong put the limits in place. It's all about you right now, and don't you forget it! Best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated healing!
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
after operation

hi every one....computer been acting up so i couldn't get back on , but it has been over a month since my operation , feeling well...i thnk i try and do too many things....but on the road to recovery .....question about after the operation and what to look for ,the uncomfortablenss even now at times and my strength isn't what it was before...but i am sure in time it will all right itself

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register