Stomach got jumped on. Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stomach got jumped on. Pain Stomach got jumped on. Pain

Unread 02-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Stomach got jumped on. Pain

I was laying in bed and one of my dogs jumped up and landed right on my stomach. She weighs about 12 pounds. I thought I was going to black out it hurt so bad. I hope she didn't do any damage. Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen? Has anyone had inside stitches damaged? If so what did they do? How would a doctor determine if something got damaged?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Re: Stomach got jumped on. Pain

(((HUGS))) I had this exact thing happen after my lap surgery in Nov '10. I didn't have any complications, just extra soreness. I would call the dr to see if they want you to come in for a look. Other then that I would watch for the same things they tell you at discharge. Redness, extra swelling, fever, heavy bleeding,etc. I'll say a prayer everything is ok.
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:01 PM

I also had this happen within the first two weeks post-op - I can't remember exactly when but it sure made me nervous - Though with three crazy little dogs (whom I adore) I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. It was very painful but I didn't feel anything pop or anything and I was fine after. Had my 2 week post op today and the doc did an internal exam (due to another issue) and said things looked good. I wouldn't worry too much unless you develop bleeding, a lot of pain, fever, etc in which case of course you'd want to call your doctor. On the bright side, my dogs have been such great company as I'm sure yours will be - Take care!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 07:28 PM

My dog jumped right up on me (he's 30 lbs)i immediately started screaming.this is when i got home from hospital.sounds like you need to report this to dr.hope u get well
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:04 PM

I wasn't able to edit my post, so just wanted to note that I had a lap surgery vice TAH, so not sure if that would mean anything different as far as your dog jumping on you - Hope you are feeling better asap!
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:00 PM

I had my 40 pound toddler jump on me about a week post op. it was HORRIBLE. As far as I know it didn't do any major damage....but I am still bleeding (5weeks post op) and having pain....so not sure. Seeing the surgeon this week.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:27 PM

My 20 pound cat jumped on my belly at 2-1/2 weeks post op. Nothing damaged, but I was sore, some choice expletives were used, and the cat was banished from my sight for a few hours.

If your soreness doesn't go away in a reasonable time, or you notice a lot of swelling or suddenly heavier bleeding, put a call in to your doctor.
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:38 AM

I had my 13 pound dog jump on me at about 12 days post op after Da vinci surgery. I screamed, but was ok after. He got me up high in the gut, but I have what I call harpoon marks, actually small incisions. Then about 3 days later my daughter bopped me in the gut with her head by accident. II screamed again. I started bleeding the next day and bled off and on for about 4 days. I saw the doctor and he did an exam and said I was intact. So fortunately, no damage, just pain and a scare. I hope it the same for you. I had a pelvic exam to see if anything was damaged. I think they can also do scans if they feel that they need to, but I would hope that if the pain went away that no real damage was done. When it doubt, I call my doctor and ask the nurse.
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:07 AM

You are for sure not the only one that this has happened too. I have 2 little chihuahua's that are pretty much attached to my hip. They both feel the need to walk on my incision site. WOW did that feel like poop. I don't feel that any damage was done just sore. Try to just keep your pain under control and rest. I have to redirect my dogs away from the incision site. Using your tummy pillow is a life saver

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register