Scheduled LAVH Have some questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have some questions Have some questions

Unread 03-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Re: Have some questions

Moered, shame on your old doc. Out with the old and in with the new wonderful doctor! I am really happy for you, finding a doctor to listen to you is a joke sometimes. I wish you all the best!! Keep us posted on how things progress and how you are doing!

Sending you love, hugs, good juju and prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2012, 02:45 AM

Aww sweetie, your family background, and run thru of doctors, you sound like my almost hyster sister twin...(add high grade cervical cancer cells to the mix, that grew into my glands and then your me, lol!)... Being 3 weeks post op, all I can day, it's the confidence of your Dr is huge, and alll this worry is normal, yet not helping..some things are bigger then us, and out of our control...this was the hardest for me to learn. Soooooo many things,, they do not know til they get you into surgery...they swore I had more issues, then once under, they found I had less then they thought! so keep an open mind, and breath! good luck!
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:03 PM

Sisters,

Thank you so much for your responses & advice. It's really helping me understand all of this & what to expect. I've learned so much from this site & it has been amazing!

I will give you an update as soon as I can, April 10th can't come soon enough for me!

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Moered,

My second opinion was a Godsend as well. I was told in March of 11 that a hysterectomy was what I needed. I was looking for something a little less...invasive and perhaps permanent. My periods were endless, painful and super heavy. I was anemic and wiped out. I opted for a tubal ligation with an ablation as pregnancy was also a major concern. I had a lumpectomy in my right breast in March of 11 and had to have my Mirena IUD removed at the same time because of the hormones it excreted. Sex was not an option much when you bleed constantly but I get pregnant when I look at my husband so the tubal was next in line. Ablation was a disaster and I was told that I had adenomyosis and the only cure for that was a hysterectomy. After a hystoscopy in Oct...it was decided that maybe another ablation was in the cards if I was still refusing the hysterectomy. Long story short, after two more trips to the castle via the ER in horrific pain...my Doc decided I no longer NEEDED the hysterectomy but could have it if I WANTED it. I made tracks and found a new Doc who has been wonderful...wish I had thought of the second opinion sooner. Best of luck to you Moe....
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM

Littlestar31,

I totally relate to what you have gone through regarding your gyn. I just don't understand why or how they know exactly what we're going through? I was so disappointed in my old gyn cuz I had so much trust in him, was a patient for over 10 yrs. So many times, he would tell me don't worry so much, everything's fine. Then I find out from my new gyn & PCP that everything wasn't fine. That's when I decided to take control of things & not be so trustful anymore.

Hang in there, we're all here to support one another!

Take care,
Moered
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM

I am almost there Moe....had me pre-op consult on Monday and my new Doc was so re-assuring and acting like this was going to be a breeze. Now, realistically we all know it isn't...but it was nice to have someone not be condescending and "doomsday-ish" when discussing the what if's of this very important surgery. After all, this is how she makes a living and being that she is a WOMAN and has had 4 kids...I feel much more comfortable with her at the wheel. (As opposed to the 68 year old man who waivered from month to month about what to do to me next) Didn't know what a horror show my old Doc was until I got away from him...Hindsight is 20/20! My advice, if you are not comfortable with your care...run....find someone you like and trust! Dont risk gambling this situation...this is YOUR life so take control and keep going until you are satisfied. Good Luck Moe...not much longer for you either. God Bless all my fellow sisters...ladies in waiting and princesses...this site rocks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register