My Pre Op Appointment is Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Pre Op Appointment is Today My Pre Op Appointment is Today

Unread 02-14-2012, 05:21 AM
My Pre Op Appointment is Today

Good Morning to everyone! Happy Valentine's Day as well! My pre op appointment is today with the doctor and the hospital. I am excited because I am hoping a lot of my questions will now have answers.

I am wondering though if anyone has had a total hysterectomy with the ovaries and tubes as well, but also during the surgery they are putting in a mesh sling to help with bladder issues. Does this change the recovery time any?

Well I hope all goes well today, my husband is taking me and I have my questions and pen in hand waiting to fill the answers in.

thank you to everyone who has helped in making this step a better one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Re: My Pre Op Appointment is Today

You are getting answers to medical questions from the right source, your doctor. This forum is great for providing support for your experiences, and helping you to form the questions you need to ask.

I didn't have the bladder sling, so I can't help you there. I did have the total hysterectomy, including ovaries, and I was surprised at how well I felt at each stage of the recovery. I knew that I'd had surgery, that's for sure, and had to deal with pain and fatigue, but none of it was as bad as I thought it would be. Now, at 2 and a half months post-op, I am grateful every day for my quality of life! Good luck.
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Re: My Pre Op Appointment is Today

I had a TAH BSO as well, but did not have a bladder sling. My sense is that a bladder sling might extend recovery for a bit, but I do not know for sure. Please ask your doc about all of your restrictions.

For me, the biggest surprise was the level of fatigue after surgery. Just taking a shower, or going for a short walk, would exhaust me. I was out of work (desk job) for 3 weeks, and then could only handle part time for another 4 weeks. I needed help around the house - cooking, dishes, shopping, driving, etc. for about 3 weeks. I then SLOWLY moved back into life. Shopping without an electric cart took about 6 or 8 weeks. House cleaning took 8 weeks.

Everyone is different, and everyone heals at their own rate. This is not a race or a contest. You will heal in your own way and in your own time.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register