Scheduled TAH Feeling so much better about all of this! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling so much better about all of this! Feeling so much better about all of this!

Unread 02-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Feeling so much better about all of this!

Wow, "acceptance" has been such a powerful tool for me. When I first joined here last summer, I was in such a terrible mental space. A diagnosis of cervical cancer with really no choice but to have a hyster. I had found info on another site about all the terrible after effects and felt like either way, my life was over. I struggled with it for many months, feeling very depressed and hopeless.

Just coming to accept that there is no "perfect" solution has lifted my burden. I am still not happy about having to lose these important parts of me, and I know it will be a tough recovery psychologically and emotionally. But until there are other options, this is the only choice. I will allow myself to grieve and acknowledge my sense of loss, although I think that was a huge part of what I've already worked through. But through it, I've got some great business plans to continue working on as soon as I am able (on my laptop from my bed/couch, so nothing strenuous yet). Looking forward to a healthy, cancer-free future for me and my loved ones

One week to go until surgery. Starting to get nervous and focusing more on that, but that's expected. I just can't believe how my attitude has really turned around and I've got a much better perspective going into this.

Thanks for letting me share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Re: Feeling so much better about all of this!

Great perspective! I admire you for your strength to get to this point. I am 17 wks out and admit I feared my loss and stressed about the surgery but the light @ this end of the tunnel is bright and its not an on coming train LOL. I feel better every day, intimacy rocks! No more auntie Flo! No more girl products. Every time I see a pad or tampon tucked away in a bag, purse etc I think WOO HOO I don't need you!!!!

Acceptance is KEY especiall post op. Don't aim to do something just to prove you can - follow all the orders for lifting, bending etc or you have a good chance for a setback. ENJOY this princess time - it may be the last 6wk couch vaction you have for a long time LOL

All the best! You'll do great!
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM

i know how your feeling....the power we have in our own mental well being is very importat to a good recovery, and that is what i am focusing on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 09:59 AM

JanineP & 5thwheel, yes I am so glad I have done a 180. It truly would've been devastating to go into my surgery with the attitude I had up until a few months ago. I am now less worried about falling into a deep depression afterwards. My loving, supportive and loyal husband will be by my side no matter what the other side holds. Even if I do have terrible after effects, he is prepared to deal with it and love me through thick & thin. The biggest turmoil was searching for a solution, and once I finally made the decision to go through with it, I started picking up.

Yes, we are much stronger when we think. I also believe though that I needed to do all that "work" to now feel better about the situation. I needed to look at every angle and turn every option over in my mind until I had exhausted them. Now I can move forward.

I hope any of the sisters here have difficulty with their situation is able to find some peace as I have.

Best wishes to all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register