Scheduled TVH 9 Days till surgery. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 Days till surgery. 9 Days till surgery.

Unread 02-14-2012, 09:41 AM
9 Days till surgery.

So I had my Pre-Op yesterday and after bring scared and nervous it went rather good. My only problem is I have people in my life who act like theres nothing wrong with me which doesn't help much since i'm a big emotional wreck. I cry at the silliest things now. I just don't know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Re: 9 Days till surgery.

Big hugs. I am having my surgery on the 23rd as well, so we can be emotional together.
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM

i was in that same situation...im now on day 8 post op and i feel great normal actually! i hope the best for both of you ladies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Thank you both for the support.
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM

Find something that you really enjoy to help take your mind off of the surgery. Since today is Valentine's day, watch a funny romantic movie with someone. They say that the arts are a very healing thing. Or go for a walk in nature. Just anything that gives you joy in your life. Prayer really helps, too, if you are so inclined. I wish the best for you and speedy healing!
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM

i am due on the 24th, i also have people in my life that think i am milking my grade 3 and 4 prolapses...people who think i am going into hospital for something minor and will come out singing and dancing like **** van dyke and be back at my chores in 2 days!!!

I totally know where you are coming from, i cry at adverts now...i too am scared, please don't let people get to you hun...we are always here if you need to talk! x
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM

I go in for mine on the 29th. My husband (who was at the pre-op) was SHOCKED last night when I told him NOT to expect me to cook for him and family for at least two weeks. His lack of concern has me the most worried!
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart & Home View Post
Find something that you really enjoy to help take your mind off of the surgery. Since today is Valentine's day, watch a funny romantic movie with someone. They say that the arts are a very healing thing. Or go for a walk in nature. Just anything that gives you joy in your life. Prayer really helps, too, if you are so inclined. I wish the best for you and speedy healing!
I watch movies so much I think i've seen every movie thats out atleast 3 times or more. I take short walks when I can till I start feeling pain. But mostly I just sit outside and enjoy the nice weather and peace and quiet. Thank you.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvolass80 View Post
i am due on the 24th, i also have people in my life that think i am milking my grade 3 and 4 prolapses...people who think i am going into hospital for something minor and will come out singing and dancing like **** van dyke and be back at my chores in 2 days!!!

I totally know where you are coming from, i cry at adverts now...i too am scared, please don't let people get to you hun...we are always here if you need to talk! x
I try not to let it get to me. I just hate when people act like i'm fine when they don't feel what i'm going through. I'm so glad I found this site. Thank you.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirk_lv View Post
I go in for mine on the 29th. My husband (who was at the pre-op) was SHOCKED last night when I told him NOT to expect me to cook for him and family for at least two weeks. His lack of concern has me the most worried!
My husband took me to my pre-op appt. He even walked back with me. I think he's just as scared as I am. I'm so sorry your's doesn't seem as concerned. I hope before the surgery he comes around.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register