Second thoughts now that things have calmed down... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Second thoughts now that things have calmed down... Second thoughts now that things have calmed down...

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Re: Second thoughts now that things have calmed down...

Thanks scorp....my problem is that all of my diagnostics have come back negative for fibroids, no adenymyosis, a couple small hemorraghic cycsts but nothing that explains my level of discomfort. Things have been far worse since the ablation in May and I am starting to suspect after reading the stories of others that since I have had numerous abdominal surgeries...bladder suspension, appendectomy, tubal ligation and hystoscopy...we might be dealing with adhesive disease. I realize they won't charge me for the surgery if they don't find anything wrong...but as much as I am not looking for trouble...I am looking for an answer to what is causing my pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:05 AM

I've had the heavy drugs to get me through my waiting for surgery! I have days where I can barely sit at my desk and get any work done. My doc was nice enough to prescribe a med that wouldn't knock me out but help cut the pain and also vicoden for when I just can't take it anymore. Today seems to be turning into a pill popping day! My bright side today--I'm having a "so long to my uterus" celebratory lunch with my work buddies! LOL! I can't take pain meds because then I couldn't drink to getting rid of this pain in my rear uterus! Sending you best wishes and hoping you find peace with all your decisions!! Happy Wednesday!
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:14 AM

That party sounds like a blast! Would you mind sharing the name of the med that gets you through the day? I am open to almost anything at this point! I have 5 kids and 3 of them at home...so it can't be a party 24-7 but 800mg Ibuprofen just isn't doing the trick after all this time! If I was in OH, I wouldn't definitely join in on the festivities!! Have a blast! And please no alcohol and vicodin...that brings on a type of nausea that you have never known. Made that mistake once after over doing it at a function where I had champagne...went home to take vicodin to help pain at bedtime and threw up like a frat boy! Dooooonnn't do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStar31 View Post
Thanks scorp....my problem is that all of my diagnostics have come back negative for fibroids, no adenymyosis, a couple small hemorraghic cycsts but nothing that explains my level of discomfort. Things have been far worse since the ablation in May and I am starting to suspect after reading the stories of others that since I have had numerous abdominal surgeries...bladder suspension, appendectomy, tubal ligation and hystoscopy...we might be dealing with adhesive disease. I realize they won't charge me for the surgery if they don't find anything wrong...but as much as I am not looking for trouble...I am looking for an answer to what is causing my pain.

Littlestar, I hear ya! Just keep praying for an answer and it'll come. I did and it was soon after I started getting those side pains reminding me I had an Alien inside. A laproscopic surgery such as yours will let your Dr see what's inside and at that point he can clean you out of old tissues from your past procedures, or remove the uterus if it's needed. Consider it an exploratory surgery. Your recovery will be pretty quick either way.
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM

LOL! There will definitely be no mixing of drinks and meds! I wouldn't get anything done at work the rest of the day! My prescription was Tramodol (spelling?) It worked great for me-didn't always stop the pain but cut it way down and really mellowed me out, but not in a bad way! I'm a redhead with a temper so I will take any kind of mellowing! Let me throw in there-I don't have any kind of diognosis either-I'm going into this hoping it helps. I did have few adheasions from the oblasion (sp?) and I did have cyst on my left ovary but all my pain is concentrated on the right side. I agree about looking at it like an exploritory surgery. I don't have a solid -this is what is wrong-but I trust my Doc completely and I'm going into this hoping for the best! I have 2 kiddos, age 5 and 9 and I know what you mean about finding meds to help cope!! I'm hear for you to vent!! Would be glad to listen!!
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Wow Easton...sounds like we are twins separated at birth! My ablation was an epic fail. Have cysts but nothing worth talking about...which is easy for them to say..it's not their body or their pain! I do trust my Dr...have switched since complications from prior MD. Feel very safe in her hands...I just wish my original date of Feb 1 had happened...today was SUPPOSED to be my post-op!! Now I have 6 long weeks ahead....need to just cope with pain and family life...hope my husband doesn't hate me by the time this is over. Not excited about having to re-clean the house...did that Jan 27 & 28th. Now angsting about getting my Easter shopping done...have a 3, 6 and 9 year old at home and two older ones who never let me get away with dropping any of the old traditions. Self-inflicted pain right there! Have fun today....
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:02 AM

The world wide web is a wonderful thing for shopping! I'm finding it's so much easier shopping online than dealing with people in the stores--especially with the mood swings and short temper I'm having! LOL!! I can get all my holiday shopping complete and have the hubby pick up the eggs for coloring! I'm also learning that letting go of being supermom and letting my family get more involved has been a wonderful thing! They enjoy things more because they had a hand in it and did there part. My 9 year old is learning how to fix dinner so that the first night I'm home from surgery he can surprise Daddy and put dinner on the table. He will be assisted of course-but he's super excited that he can help. I still find myself wanting to jump in and just take over but I find it to be a better lesson for them to learn and take part. After 16 years of marriage, I came home and my husband was washing dishes! He never does that! He helps me in other ways as well but just me learning to step back has made a huge difference in my life! Let go of some of that stress girly! Ask for help and don't try to get it all done on your own! Even supermom needs help! Oh and if you need help shopping for Easter candy-I never get tired of buying candy!! LOL! We can pack it up and ship right to your door!
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:29 AM

Let me know if you have Almond M & M's in your neck of the woods...not a single bag in the Boston area! Thanks, I will try and take your advice...I am such a control freak!!
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:45 AM

I will look! I'm almost positive we do, but I've been wrong before! Kroger's has everything under the sun! If I find them I will snatch some up and send them out!
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:57 AM

LittleStar,

Have you heard of "White Coat Hypertension"? My husband has it. His blood pressure is always higher when he goes to the doctors than any other time. I go to the dentist for a toothache, and about a day before the appointment, the pain is gone so I cancelled. I ended up having to go for an emerency root canal a week later.

I'm wondering if that's what going on with you. You are so nervous about the surgery that sub-consciously your mind is playing tricks and body is reacting to it.

Just a thought. I hope things work out for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register