Second thoughts now that things have calmed down... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Second thoughts now that things have calmed down... Second thoughts now that things have calmed down...

Unread 02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Re: Second thoughts now that things have calmed down...

I am in the same boat. I go back and forth.. When I'm bleeding, I want it taken out right then. By the time I have a date, I know longer think I should do it. I have had 3 different dates set.. I go back to the doctor on Monday. I was going to tell them to set it up again, but now I am second guessing again. My back always hurts, but can not tell if they are connected. My legs as well. But when I am on my period it is MUCH worse. I am driving myself crazy over the thought of surgery. Scared of what will happen or how will I be after the fact. Will I be my normal self? Will I be less of a women? Will I hurt worse and it never stop? Will something be moved or poked in surgery that shouldnt? Endless questions.. Everyone tells me. "Just do it, you will not regret it." I am freaked out over it! You are not alone. The doctor can not see anything in my uterus, but it is much bigger then it should be. He said it is most likely between the walls of the uterus. They tested for cancer. Everything came back good. I wonder the same thing. Will I go through this for no reason? Or will it be the best thing I have ever done, as everyone says?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Oh CarolAnn I am sure of it!! I am my own worst enemy and the more I think about it...there is no way a Doc could get this surgery past insurance if it wasn't necessary. So I need to snap out of it...wish me luck with that! I too have White Coat Hypertension...sometimes but not always...the second read is just fine when done at the end of the appointment. Ironically, my BP always seem to stay low while in the hospital because I think I feel that I am finally going to get an answer and/or solution to what ails me. Though last time, things got so confusing..my BP sky-rocketed! Oh well...people go through worse! Thanks Sisters!!
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:46 AM

LittleStar31, you just reminded me of something about my BP. I take meds for high BP. When I first came out of my surgery my BP was high and my heart rate was very fast. The nurse didn't get too worried about it so I asked that they remove the heart monitor bc it was getting me more nervous. 12 days later I was back at the hospt'l for an infection, not related at all to BP. When they took my vitals my BP was very very low and I asked why? They didn't know and were not overly concerned. 2 days into my stay as the nurse was taking my vitals with a trainee I heard her tell him what meds I was taking and I realized the hospt'l was giving me double the dosage! PLEASE make sure when taking meds at the hospt'l that they have your correct dosage! Apparently someone at my Dr's office gave them the wrong amount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Notoday...have you scheduled your date? From what I can figure out...it has to help somehow...even if it just stops the bleeding. I am willing to try anyways. I suffer from chronic low back pain which comes with leg pain both of these get way worse when I have my period. Walking is the only thing that helps me but I have been too miserable to do much of it. I seem to be getting cold much more than normal so the weather being colder doesn't help. My hormones are nuts. I will stick to my statement that they cannot get this surgery approved by insurance if it is not necessary so I defer to the professionals and will go through with it. Don't torture yourself by over-thinking it. Hopefully, we will come out on the other side and be able to report nothing but good things about our recovery. I am going to keep telling myself that!
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM

Scorp,

The first thing I did when I was scheduled on Feb 1 was to go over post-op meds with my Dr....no way I wanted to be without my GERD meds or my inhalers and I hate waiting for the orders once you are already suffering. I don't take BP meds...got off of them by losing 35lbs. BP meds along with low potassium caused a whole other world of problems the year before. Was hoping 2012 was going to be my year...maybe 2013??? Surgery-free in 2013!! Fingers-crossed!
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM

After reading so many post surgery, I am feeling in no way can I do this.... I am so scared of what may happen.. I HATE feeling so out of control of my emotions. Every time I set the surgery up I seem to have a break down. I seem to be fine until I bleed for 12 days or a month.. But now I feel fine except my back.. Who knows if thats even why it hurts. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry...
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM

You can talk to us...we are all in the same boat. Confused, anxious, unsure...I am here and will help anyway I can.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register