are orgasms possible after hysterectomy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

are orgasms possible after hysterectomy? are orgasms possible after hysterectomy?

Unread 02-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Re: are orgasms possible after hysterectomy?

Dear Sara,

As you can see, most women have no problems with orgasm after a hysterectomy, but that's not the case for everyone. You need to go into this with your eyes open, realizing that you could be in the smaller percentage of women who cannot orgasm post op. I have read posts from women who wish they could turn back the clock and not had a hysterectomy.

I'm sure that after discussing this with your doctor you'll make the best decision for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM

Thanks so much for the replies...
It is reassuring to know that for the majority of women, sex can still be great after the surgery
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Wow! Thanks everyone for sharing, very reassuring. One of my biggest worries, esp since I'm not keeping my cervix.

Let's here it for the big O, the little O , the rolling O, well, you get the idea...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2012, 11:25 PM

Yes there is still orgasm after hysterectomy. For me though it really lacks the intensity that I had before. With the uterus gone, I no longer have the strong uterine contractions. This was a big disappointment for me and it's taking a while to adjust. I had discussed this in my pre op visits with both my GYN and family doctors and they assured me there would be little difference. Sometimes the o is still very good and other times it's just a little flutter and that's it. So it's important to know that there is a wide range out outcomes with this surgery and our doctors can give us no guarantees. We need to make the best decision based on our health condition and our doctors advise.

Wishing you all the best.

Unread 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

I am 11 months out and YES! they are very possible, and even better!
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:29 PM

I'm 4 weeks post op from a total LAVH. Hubby and I were cleared for "outer"course and I can confirm a big YES to the O question! Looking forward to not having 3 out of every 4 weeks of the month filled with bleeding - imagine the fun my hubby and I will have!!
Good luck with your surgery and good luck with your recovery!
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:13 PM

For myself, no problem with the big O...it feels slightly different, but the best part is that I have no pain with sex as I did pre-histerectomy (all the tumors made the pressure not fun). It gets better and better all the time.
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:24 PM

I was scared to death too. But even though I've only been cleared for outercourse my O is alive and well. I am looking forward to rediscovering my husband when I am cleared. I had do many girly problems before that my husband is anxious to have freedom whenever the mood strikes
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:55 PM

I didn't read all of the previous replies, but from my experience -- YES!!! Very much. I had an LSH, just the uterus removed, and it hasn't been a problem.
Unread 02-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara9 View Post
Sorry to be so blunt, but I was wondering if the hysterectomy is going to prevent me from attaining orgasm once I recover? I am scheduled to have my uterus and both ovaries removed, but will be able to keep my cervix. I am 36, happily married, and concerned about how it's going to effect my sex life.
thanks in advance for replies
Sara9
Hooray for asking!

Hooray for the answers

I've been wanting to know about this too

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register