TAH 12 days post-op feeling lost - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post-op feeling lost 12 days post-op feeling lost

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Re: 12 days post-op feeling lost

Yep. And this is a time to be a lil selfish. You had a major surgery. I think alot of people dont understand a major organ was removed. And your insides need to heal. And rest and being a lil spoiled. Men do not get it. I have male managers and right now im on set sced. Due ro chronic insomina and anxity. I have brought them letters from my doct and they look baffled. Tell a women in menapause and they get it. Errrrrr you will back to normal soon it took me awhile but im a stubborn case. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM

Hang in there sister! I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling a little better every day. I know the Percocet made me feel less in control of my emotions, but I needed it to help me sleep and feel more comfortable. Maybe when you don't need the heavy meds, you'll feel more like yourself again. Vent here all you want - its a safe place to do that.
Good luck and good healing!
Unread 02-15-2012, 04:10 PM

Thank you all!! I will ask my Dr. about the bubble bath issue when I go next week. My husband is all on board about going to a bed and breakfast. I know sex is out of the question but maybe other stuff will be allowed...lol....I have these sexual urges about everyday. At least I still want sex. I guess that is a positive for my husband. We are over our big fight which is good. I don't like to fight. I still had some insomnia last night but I went to bed at 2am. I guess its better than 7am...lol. Today has been a very lazy day. I have watched lifetime movies and that is it. Now I am on the hunt for a bed and breakfast and a new car. When I feel up to it we are going to go look for me a car. We gave up my trailblazer which does not hurt my feelings. It was a gas hog and just getting to be trashed out. I am ready for some new positive changes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 04:52 PM

Hey Shawna,

Hang in there. I know what you mean about coworkers. I have not heard from a single one! But, I think it is because a lot of people may feel that a hysterectomy is "personal" and they just don't know what to say or do. Another factor is that my coworkers are having to cover for me so they are probably stressed out about the extra work. It sounds like your depression and sleep are a lot worse. Do you have a therapist that you see? If so, i would suggest scheduling an appt. You are going through a lot right now and the extra support might be helpful for you (and even your hubbie).
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:18 PM

I had a TAH on 11/30. My coworkers asked about bringing dinner and helping before I left. Then no one visited in the 7 weeks I missed work, no dinners, zero. Opened my eyes...no more cards or help from me. I realized the selfishness of others and it will stop me from ever spending money or time on them again.
Unread 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM

Hi there
OMG...I can totally relate to all you said. I feel sorry you are in so much pain still but you must try to rest as much a possshe was a frble. I am 10 out from my total hyst keeping one ovary. I don't have much pain unless I over do it. I run my own business and have already fired someone that I should have let go a long time agso. She was a friend too who didn't want to step up and hep during my recovery and I lost it. I actually am seeing things much clearer now and know who I can count on. Life is to short and I plan on living for a long time. Knowing you are not alone really helps.
Take care
Unread 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM

I'm almost a year past my surgery and honestly I feel great. So many things are bertter than before. BUT, it was a journey getting here. All your feelings sound normal for what you are going through to me. I can't tell you the fits I threw at my husband. Some because well he's a man. Some because I just couldn't handle some of my feelings. When I was throwing fits the people on my recovery progress report threads were doing the same. Take the time to heal. Care for yourself. Rest. Thank God your mom is helpful. That means alot. But just be patient. Your pain will get better and your emotions eventually will settlle down. Cut yourself a lot of slack. You are worth it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register