No lifting restrictions 6 weeks after anterior & posterior repair? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No lifting restrictions 6 weeks after anterior & posterior repair? No lifting restrictions 6 weeks after anterior & posterior repair?

Unread 02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
No lifting restrictions 6 weeks after anterior & posterior repair?

My doctor assured me that I will have no lifetime lifting restrictions after being cleared 6 weeks after my hysterectomy with anterior & posterior repair. I'm confused after reading conflicting information from what everyone else says who have had this surgery. I'm in the process of job hunting and afraid to start anything new that requires heavy lifting. What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Re: No lifting restrictions 6 weeks after anterior & posterior repair?

I am on 10lb limit for 12 weeks... thereafter - "be reasonable" she said with and added "leave the heavy lifting to others" She agreed that 20 lbs was reasonable but for my own piece of mind that will be rare. My helping people move, heavy gardening, canning days will need a helper now and I am okay with that. I am a bookkeeper and aside from some heavy-ish cash boxes that I have to balance I should be alright, someone now brings them to my desk.

What kind of work do you like to do?
Unread 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM

I would check online the lifting requirements because some jobs vary as do the laws, I know in our company it is what you can SAFELY lift on your own key word being safely and this is for ppl who have not had surgery. so if you are looking for a job check them out on line first as well as your laws for the state/ country you are in

but regardless listen to your body....that is the last piece of info i got from my dr if it hurts stop same with exercising

good luck with the job hunt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM

The main reason I had my surgery was a stage 4 prolapse. My Uro/Gyne told me up front that these repairs should last the rest of my life (unfortunately there are no guarentees), but that I really needed to be aware that the reason for the prolapse was a very strenuous job-heavy lifting included-and if I wanted the repairs to last, I needed to change my lifestyle. I am never to lift more than 30 lbs. I don't need to be told to be careful. I am not pampering myself but I will be very careful for the rest of my life. Do research, and get many opinions, and then you can make an educated decision for yourself.
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:17 PM

I have spent most of my life moving furniture and I know those days are over. I know that was a contributing factor to my prolapses along with chronic constipation and having my 3 children. I was considering applying for a position which requires lifting children up to 60 lbs and that is what has me worried. Thanks for the info about checking with my state laws. I will d*****itely not agree to lift anything that I feel is too much for me. I believe my days of lifting preschoolers are over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register