Pain and slight bleeding 8 months post op...what the heck? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain and slight bleeding 8 months post op...what the heck? Pain and slight bleeding 8 months post op...what the heck?

Unread 02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Pain and slight bleeding 8 months post op...what the heck?

Okay so fo the past few months I had been having pelvic pain. Since I still have ovaries (and have a tendecy to develop cysts on them) I assumed that maybe that was the issue. Well within the past week, the sharp stabbing pains began to become more frequent and painful (like, stop me in my tracks, bent over in a fetal position painful). Well, the other day as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed that something had "come out" of me. Not to get gross, but it was organey, red (blood and whatever else). I was freaked out. I mean my surgery was last June so I don't think anything should be happening down there. I contacted the surgeon and she wants me to come in on Saturday. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them? If so, what was the outcome? I haven't had any bleeding since that night, but the pain continues (off and on) and I am a little concerned. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Re: Pain and slight bleeding 8 months post op...what the heck?

I have no idea what it was that happened to you but I just wanted to give some to hold you until your doctor's appointment. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM

Thanks. I needed that! I have been a bit anxious about this. I hope that whatever it is can be quickly resolved. I will check back in once I see the doc this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2012, 08:56 PM

I don't have any ideas either, but I am so glad that you are being seen soon. Please keep us posted; I hope that it can be easily treated, whatever it is.

Sending you
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:00 AM

Hey ladies,

Thanks again for showing me some love! I went to the doctor Saturday and still no answers. She did check "in there" but said she couldn't tell why I had any bleeding. She also asked if it wasn't rectal bleeding - I assured her that it was not. So, now I have to get a pelvic sono done. I think it will be transvaginal. I am still having the sharp pains in my lower pelvic region, but thankfully no more bleeding. My concern is that pain is usually the bodies way of telling us something is not right. I don't want anything to be wrong - but something is going on. I want to get down to the bottom of this. Boy, was I hoping that I would be through with this pain once the surgery was done. I pray that I did not make a mistake.
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM

I am relieved to know that I am not the only one out here that is experiencing the same thing...pain, bleeding etc several months after a hysterectomy. I had my LAVH on Sept. 27, 2011, almost 5 months ago. All was taken but my ovaries. Since about late December I have been experiencing some moderate pain on my lower right side and occasional spotting like a light pink color. I called my doctor and he thinks the pain could be associated with muscle because I work out and bike ride. I don't think this is the case because I have been spotting.
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Hi Hysto_Lady63. Sorry you are feeling bad too. I am wondering if there may still be some "traces" of endo still left after the surgery - at least in my case. Guess I will wait and see if the sono turns up anything. Don't ignore your pain. Can you have your doctor investigate further? Our bodies are so complex - you never know what could be happening on the inside. Hope you feel better.
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:05 PM

thanks for your thoughts and concern Qtkira...I going to stay on top of what's going on and get back with my doctor if it continues.

Take care
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Hey ladies, just a quick update. My doctor called me over the weekend and said that my urine test showed that I have a UTI. I have been taking antibiotics since Saturday. I was hurting really bad the first day I started, but thankfully feeling much better today. She also told me to hold off on the sonogram for now. I will keep an eye out for any additional bleeding though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register