still bleeding after 4 months | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still bleeding after 4 months still bleeding after 4 months

Unread 02-16-2012, 06:10 AM
still bleeding after 4 months

My surgery is scheduled for March 13th. They believe I have adenomyosis . I have had an internal ultra sound with saline contrast and a biopsy as well as several exams. The have found no tumors fibroids or cancer. However I have been bleeding NONSTOP since November. Sometimes very heavy and lots of clots. I have a lot of cramping, soreness, and exhaustion! They first put me on b/c pills to stop the bleeding..no change..then straight progesterone..no change. Now the Dr has upped my dose of progesterone to three times a day instead of two. Still bleeding. I am so tired. Im taking iron, vitamins and trying to eat iron rich foods. How will I make it to March 13th? My iron count was ok a month ago, but they have taken it since then. Cant take time off..need it for surgery. Also, I have lost 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks..but my clothes dont fit anymore....swelling I guess..anyone else bleed for this long? Any idea why the progesterone wont stop it? I need March 13th to get here soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2012, 07:06 AM
still bleeding after 4 months

I'm Sorry to hear That. Had surgery mid November but had complications after two weeks so had surgery again. Hemorrhage. After That was spotting the whole time. Like u I'm tired taking lots of pills. Almost Went back to the hospital because I'm not getting Better. Hope They can fix u soon and I pray for u And keep us update.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1123 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for March 13th. They believe I have adenomyosis . I have had an internal ultra sound with saline contrast and a biopsy as well as several exams. The have found no tumors fibroids or cancer. However I have been bleeding NONSTOP since November. Sometimes very heavy and lots of clots. I have a lot of cramping, soreness, and exhaustion! They first put me on b/c pills to stop the bleeding..no change..then straight progesterone..no change. Now the Dr has upped my dose of progesterone to three times a day instead of two. Still bleeding. I am so tired. Im taking iron, vitamins and trying to eat iron rich foods. How will I make it to March 13th? My iron count was ok a month ago, but they have taken it since then. Cant take time off..need it for surgery. Also, I have lost 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks..but my clothes dont fit anymore....swelling I guess..anyone else bleed for this long? Any idea why the progesterone wont stop it? I need March 13th to get here soon!
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Re: still bleeding after 4 months

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I wish I could offer some advice, but I do not know about your condition. Hopefully someone will respond who can offer some advice.

(((Hugs))) to you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2012, 11:13 PM

Hi kp:

Have you had a 2nd or 3rd medical opinion? A more definite reason for the bleeding will help you to make a decision about treating it. Here is a link to the Options forum, where you may be able to find more info: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=4

I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:05 AM

Thank you for the replies . I have seen 3 doctors but all in the same practice . They seem to agree that the bleeding is either hormonal or structural . My hormones are fine. The uterus is swollen and "boggy" leading them to the diagnosis of adenomyosis . Now I'm on lysteda in addition to the progesterone .. It has slowed down the bleeding some but not much. I also have a lot of pain and pressure ..feel like I'm in labor all day! Counting down the days....20
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:14 PM

I was told by my Dr. that he believed I had adenomyosis also. My surgery is scheduled 3/7. I had the ablation procedure done in 8/2011 but the bleeding came back ten-fold. Along with the clots. I have been counting the days also, the ache in my lower back is never ending.

will count with you..
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:16 PM

I went through over 10 years of constant bleeding, pain to where I couldn't touch my toes. I've been put on every hormone out there I think! At one point 4 BC pills a day wouldn't stop it. Lupron did help, reduced to spotting.

I was hoping during the surgery the reason would be found, but nope nothing.

The hyster it stopped, LOL! So did the pain and the anemia, whoopie!

Hang in there, relief is coming. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register