The best decision you'll ever make... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The best decision you'll ever make... The best decision you'll ever make...

Unread 01-03-2002, 06:48 PM
The best decision you'll ever make...

Is to have a needed hysterectomy, suffer through ALL the discomfort, complications, anxieties, questions and then come full circle to realize it was the BEST decision I have ever made about my personal health and how I want to feel for the rest of my life. 01/05/02 is the 1 year anniversary of my hyst. The complications I endured the first 2 months seemed unbearable. 2 terrible infections in and around my incision...TWICE. I was in the hospital twice with a gaping hole in my belly 6 inches long and 6 inches deep which had to be packed and cleaned twice daily by a nurse who cared for me daily. I barely had the energy to get online here and post a few tidbits which is why you probably won't even remember me. BUT.....I'm here to tell you now....I'd do it again in a New York minute. I'm 46...I suffered for well over a year in constant pain, bleeding and anemia. I looked like hell and I felt like hell. I haven't felt this good since my early 30's and you will too. Everything our experienced and well informed sisters advise us to do is 100% on the mark. Don't over due, take ALL the advice into careful consideration and be brave and strong because YOU WILL FEEL GOOD again if you pay attention to what your body tells you it needs..and don't try to be a hero. Tell those around you and what you need because someday...you'll be in a position to reward them BIGTIME for their loving and caring efforts. Do everything with grace, dignity and embrace the seemingly impossible because.....anything and everything is possible when you're working for your goal....and that is...your health. Many a night I would sit and read these posts late into the wee hours when I couldn't sleep. I learned so much. I hope you did too. Thank you for such an amazing and enlightening year. Good luck to all and and may good health and many blessings be bestowed upon each and every one of you! XOXO Judi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2002, 07:12 PM
The best decision you'll ever make...

hi!! it really IS the best decision ever made,even though it wasn't entirely within my power to say yes or no. the surgery was not an emergency,per se,but definitely needed,for fibroids and carcinoma in situ. my lesions were stage 3,and i had two LEEP's last year,one on january 5th,the second on march 2nd!!! no more worries about them growing back,and no more uterine fibroids crowding everything out of my abdomen!! the scar looks really good,the infections,for the most part,are gone,and other than menopause-like symptoms that come and go,i'm physically healthy!!! new year,new ME!!!!! other than atrophic vaginitis,which doesn't have any symptoms that i can detect in a physical sense,i'm fine and better than new!!!! i had my hyst on july 24th-5 months post-op on christmas eve!!! some of the sisters may not see this wisdom right now,and some may never be able to feel the way i and the other sisters do who are happy about our surgery,but it does beat being in pain,sick all the time,and miserable from both conditions!!!! for those agonizing over the decision,i wish them the peace of mind i've found,once i let go of my fight!! i wanted something less-invasive,like a UAE,but my fibroids were too far gone for that,and were alarming my doctor by how much they'd grown in a 6 month period. because of that,with the cervical condition to be considered,a hyst was the wise move,but i wanted to put it off for as long as i could,safe or not. i ended up having most of the summer off,to have the surgery and recover from it. if you can do something less-invasive,safely(key word,here; don't want anyone risking their long-term health),then do it. if hyst is the way to go,get all the info from your doctor before signing that consent form!!!! do a LOT of online searches for info about the condition you have,long and short-term effects of the hyst procedure,and ASK QUESTIONS!!!!! don't sit in your doctor's office with nothing to say!!!! bring someone with you to the consult,who has had surgery,and knows what kinds of questions to ask about gynecological matters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register