Scheduled LSH Sciatica - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Sciatica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soberbabe View Post
I have had chronic neck and back pain for the last 5 or more years and taking a lot of Advil. Last March, I thought I was having a gallbladder attack or something and after numerous tests in the ER, it was an ulcer from taking so much Advil. After quitting, I had no more ulcer, but lots of pain, tylonol doesn't take the inflammation away. After PT, acupuncture, chiro, MRI, and now at pain management on opiates. Meanwhile, I got my once a year herniated disk in the lumbar area and this time it never went away and here comes the sciatica. I ask doctor at pain management if it was normal for my lower back to be in such excruciating pain during period. She says it shouldn't. After, having an epideral steroid shot I get got my period early(coincendently?) and it lasted 30 days till I went to gyno and got on progesterone. Ruled out uterine cancer and have 7cm fibroid with multiple others. The pelvic symptoms because of the fibroids make a lot of sense now. I have stopped bleeding and have chosen to get laproscopic hysto. I'm 47 and work at a restaurant 4 hours a day on my feet at a pretty fast pace and I'm really getting weak in the back and legs. My surgery is March 19. Nobody wants to tell me that back pain will go away, but I hope this is the solution. Being on the opiates is getting real old and challenging, I have 23 years clean and sober, and besides all this pain and annoyance, I am having to be careful of slipping into a past I never want to see again. I have a very supportive husband and group that helps, very grateful to have found this forum for more support.
Stay strong! Your pain will go away after surgery. I believe that all this internal "stuff" fibroids, etc. can effect your back which in turn will travel.
If I were you, I'd try to ease off the opiates slowly. I know it's hard. The pain can be debilitating. Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register