Sex? Oral? Is it OK? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex?  Oral?  Is it OK? Sex? Oral? Is it OK?

Unread 02-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Sex? Oral? Is it OK?

I'm 10 days post op, and I know that "anything in the vagina" is not an option. But, is oral sex ok? My tummy says no, because of the stitches, etc. SO, I'm not considering oral sex now, but, when would it be OK? I am shocked that I even want it, but grateful at the same time. I truly hope I haven't offended anyone. It's definitely not my intention. There's just so many questions after all of this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Re: Sex? Oral? Is it OK?

I have read that receiving oral can introduce bacteria into the vaginal area that can cause infection during recovery. As much as it kills me, we are waiting until we get clearance to have sex. I'm so looking forward to it too
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:05 PM

Check with your doctor. Some docs allow oral sex and outer stimulation, some do not. It all depends on if they want you to have complete pelvic rest or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Oral sex post op is a unless your doctor says ok. Youve got one chance to heal right, and this is it!
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:43 PM

I agree with the sisters - unless you have talked with your doc, don't do anything. You only have 1 chance to make sure u heal properly - it simply is not worth it - my DH has been awesome and very supportive! Good luck!
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:54 PM

I am guessing that oral sex might cause a risk of infection. You also might need to wait to have an orgasm. I had a TVH on 2/24/12 with zero complications. When I went for the 2 wk check I mentioned to my GYN that I was happy to find out that an orgasm felt the same. The pamphlet from his office said "Because the uterus as been removed, uterine contractions that may have been felt during orgasm will no longer occur." I was curious and used a vibrator externally for clitoral stimulation. Happily my orgasm felt the same. My doctor seemed alarmed because when I mentioned vibrator he thought I had inserted it into my vagina. When I reassured him that I had not, he then said I should not have an orgasm for risk of harming incision in vaginal wall. In my case no harm was done, but I will follow his advice until he clears me at my 6 wk check.
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:16 PM

I would opt to err on the side of caution...there can be a possibility of bacteria and the sisters are correct...you only have ONE chance to heal properly...you will have plenty of time for all kinds of things once you heal...trust me and wait on this!
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:45 AM

OK! I thought the same thing, and I agree. I don't want to slow down my recovery in any way. Kachance, I too, am curious about what it will feel like. I guess that's the source of my query. I'm kind of afraid that they won't be possible anymore, or that I won't enjoy sex anymore. But, I'll wait, get well, and follow the doctor's instructions. Thank you all for your input and advise!
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:25 AM

Hi Jantet, When my GYN advised nothing in the vagina for 6 wks after my TVH, I bet he didn't think of an orgasm from clitoral stimulation. I was delighted to report to him that I had one. Truly it wasn't so strong and powerful as to damage my incision. It was only one as a test run. But he is a man and does not know what a woman's orgasm feels like. It was kind of funny that he was taken aback. No harm, no foul.
Unread 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM

My doctor told me NO sexual stimulation, of ANY kind. I had to explain that I'm extremely sexual (all I have to do is think about it and I could achieve an orgasm, without toys, a penis or any stimulation), so this is more of a problem with me!!!!!!! My husband is trying not to say/so ANYTHING to possibly turn me on right now! I'd think oral sex would be out of the question for the 6 weeks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register