Help - so much pain. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help - so much pain. Help - so much pain.

Unread 02-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Help - so much pain.

I am 10 days from having my hysterectomy surgery. I have had Vicodin prescribe and have taken it habitually. The last three days the pain has been unbearable. I can barely sit up. The pain meds aren't doing much but keeping me from passing out. I sat at an er for 5 hours before finally leaving in exhaustion from all but convulsing. I don't know what to do. My doctor isn't in the office again for two days. It feels like my uterus exploded. What should I do? Is there anything that could have happened inside to have caused this signicant difference in pain? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm very close to calling an ambulance where as its almost impossible for me to sit up long enough to wait in the er.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Re: Help

You need to be seen by a doctor. Your doctor may not be in the office for two more days, but you should still be able to call his number and reach whichever doctor is coverying for yours. If you can't do that, go to the ER. Tell them you were there before but had to leave because you were in too much pain to wait. You shouldn't be in this much pain. Please let us know how you make out.
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:23 PM

Catherine beat me to the punch. Get to any er and let them know you are so soon post-op and in intense pain. HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2012, 12:23 PM

If your in that much pain hunni then call an ambulance, you may be seen quicker that way rather than going yourself and waiting, can't believe you sat for 5 hrs, so sorry your suffering so much sending hugs xxx
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Re: Help - so much pain.

Thank u all. Im waiting for my husband to get home and going. Going to go to the hospital my doctor is affiliated with this time. Wich they would just call emergency surgery and get this thing out of me.
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM

I apparently read your post as 10 days post-op, instead on 10 days pre-op. Regardless, I am glad you are going to the emergency room and I hope your pain comes to an end very soon!!
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Just wondering how you are? Hopefully much better!!
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:28 AM

I'm not any better. I went to the er again (a different one) Saturday night. Sat for 3 hours and heard someone say they had been there for 8 hours. I talked my husband out of calling for an ambulance out of embarrassment. A decision I of course regret. I'm calling my doctor this morning. Praying for relief.
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:48 AM

Stanner, I totally understand your "embarrassment". I had my surgery done on Jan 31 and have had 2 post op infections. one was 5 days post op and the second just this past Friday. You need to call the gyne oncall and get in asap. Ask for blood work and ultrasound. I had a hematoma that had an infection starting and then I had intense pain on my right side and felt a "knot" and it turned out to be a fluid collection just under the sutures and they were able to drain it bedside... finally feeling like I am starting to heal... The lesson I learned was: we know our bodies best, listening to it is what we do. Do not leave the ER or DRs without having those tests done... JMHO! Wishing you luck...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register