Histo, Rectal & Bladder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Histo, Rectal & Bladder Histo, Rectal & Bladder

Unread 01-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Histo, Rectal & Bladder

Hiya,

I am so glad that I found this website, mind you my head is swimming with "information overload", from reading so many terrific postings! It's superb information, from a great group of women. Thanks!

I am scheduled for TVH (keeping ovaries) on April 4. Dr. feels it is the best way to repair my prolapsed rectum and bladder (3rd delivery was the kicker).
I chickened out and cancelled this surgery in 2000 and I am still very nervous about going forward with it this time.
Pain, missing my cervix (I find my cervix plays an important part in my sexual pleasure)... I worry about ruining my sexlife!

Weight gain another major fear! I have battled weight for a great part of my life and have finally managed to get it under control through an active lifestyle... resting on my laurels for 6 weeks could be a problem.

I look forward to reading more postings and gaining insight from others experiences before April 4th.

Thank you all for sharing. Rainie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2002, 08:29 AM
Histo, Rectal & Bladder

Hi Rainie! I haven't noticed any difference in sexual pleasure since having my cervix removed. Of course, I know every woman experiences this in a different way. As far as weight gain...I think if you are used to an active lifestyle, even if you do gain some weight during your recovery, when you get back to your normal lifestyle the weight will probably fall off pretty quickly. And some women report actually losing weight during their recovery period. I wasn't one of them...but maybe you will be.

My very best wishes to you for an uneventlful surgery and speedy recovery. Take care!

s

Sherry
Unread 01-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey Rainie, we are twins!!!

my third was the kicker also!! Kicked everything outta place that is, and I am having the rectocel, bladder fixed while having the hysterectomy. After my 2nd baby the weight wouldnt come off, and that didnt help...but I was worried about my sex life after also, but then I look at it now, I am so worried about having a bowel movement or passing gas or urine during because of the rectal area pushing thru the vaginal wall that it can only get better!!!! Everything I have heard and read also tells me that I wont miss it and my husband wont either!!
Take Care hyster sister!!
betty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Histo, Rectal & Bladder

Hi Bettywetty,

Yes indeed we seem to be twins! LOL I hope your surgery goes well, my thoughts will be with you.
I too look forward to the day I don't have to worry of something escaping unexpectedly.
Do you think the vagina will be looser with all the prolapsed parts back in place? I wonder if we will notice a big difference.

Take care, Rainie

Hi Miss Emma,

Thank you for your experienced comments regarding life without a cervix and weight gain. I am hopeful things will have a positive outcome all the way around for me... and for everyone else that is going through this experience.

Take care, Rainie
Unread 01-07-2002, 05:16 PM
This is what my doc told me...

he showed me how she would tighten things up when he pulled the rectal area back into shape and I had the impression things would be a little tighter in that area, since it has been stretched out some he will fold over a flap after repairing the rectocel.
That is a good question!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register