Surgery 1/30 - BMs after narcotics - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Surgery 1/30 - BMs after narcotics Surgery 1/30 - BMs after narcotics

Thread Tools
  #31  
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

Wow, all these answers saying weeks. I'm jealous! :-P

For me it was in the 6 month range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32  
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by inva View Post
Wow, all these answers saying weeks. I'm jealous! :-P

For me it was in the 6 month range.
*****

Inva: how long did you take softeners, etc?
  #33  
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

Hmmmm, several months. I had complications at 3 weeks and was put back on bed rest, antibiotics, and painkillers until 9 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34  
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

Ok...so the percocet is constipating? I'm taking docolax and drinking lots of water. But my doc never told me anything other than he expects it will be a week before a BM. Today is a week and a little 1" turd made it out today. The pain of this is the worst! Worse than the surgery itself. Anyway, what is senecot? Should I stop the percocet if possible ( it is) ? I def am NOT baring down- last thing on my mind to do! But I sure wish it would happen soon...
  #35  
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolibear View Post
Ok...so the percocet is constipating? I'm taking docolax and drinking lots of water. But my doc never told me anything other than he expects it will be a week before a BM. Today is a week and a little 1" turd made it out today. The pain of this is the worst! Worse than the surgery itself. Anyway, what is senecot? Should I stop the percocet if possible ( it is) ? I def am NOT baring down- last thing on my mind to do! But I sure wish it would happen soon...
*****
Senekot is a laxative--it has senna in it. SMOOTH MOVE tea also has senna and has been working for me. This instillation is rugged. I was not prepared for it!
  #36  
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

Percocet is the evil culprit!

Any foods that usually help you? Chili?

I had to send hubby out for laxatives, totally embarrassing, but worth it!
  #37  
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by inva View Post
Hmmmm, several months. I had complications at 3 weeks and was put back on bed rest, antibiotics, and painkillers until 9 weeks.
---
My gosh! What complications, if I may?
  #38  
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

Of course you may! That's what we're here for. :-)

I had a strep infection in my cuff, dissolved some stitches way before time. :-(

No pain, I really had no idea. A bit of blood, a bit of discharge. The next day a ton of clear discharge & called the Dr. I turned out to be leaking abdominal fluid.
  #39  
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by inva View Post
Of course you may! That's what we're here for. :-)

I had a strep infection in my cuff, dissolved some stitches way before time. :-(

No pain, I really had no idea. A bit of blood, a bit of discharge. The next day a ton of clear discharge & called the Dr. I turned out to be leaking abdominal fluid.
Oh dear lord! That must have really shaken you! The infection came from the surgery, I guess?
  #40  
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Re: How long before bowels return to normal?

Yes, brought it home from hospital. :-(

I was a bit too wimpy and drugged to shake too much! LOL.

It was tough for a few weeks, but it was worth it!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
5 Replies, Last Reply 06-28-2012, Started By Miss Elaineous
5 Replies, Last Reply 07-09-2010, Started By jam31776
1 Reply, Last Reply 09-19-2008, Started By Ameejay777
15 Replies, Last Reply 10-14-2005, Started By Emica
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
16 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
0 Reply, Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories
3 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

June 18,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement